Aspirant

Netgear WG311v3 on Windows 7

Hi! I'm italian... sorry for my bad english Smiley Surprised
I've searched for all the web but I've found nothing. :mad:
I've got Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100 and I've got a Netgear WG311v3 PCI-Adapter. My motherboard is an ASUS P5GD1 PRO.
My Wi-Fi PCI Adapter works in Windows XP and in Windows Vista too, but it isn't working in Windows 7 RC1; Windows Update doesen't find any driver.
I've already installed the Vista driver (Netgear Smart Wizard v3.1) on Win7 with "Compatibility mode", but it isn't working Smiley Sad . Can somebody help me? :confused: Thanks a lot...
Luminary

Re: Netgear WG311v3 on Windows 7

there is already plenty win 7 post.

there is will be no driver available for beta stage. it will come out when public release is set for date.

few has user has made some model to work. I would just follow/read other have to saySmiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy
But must I wait the final version of Win7 or are there already alternatives?
I need a working driver for Windows 7 RC1 now...
Is it possible? :confused:
Thanks... bye!
Luminary

RC stands for release candidate and these still in beta stage

You more likely need to wait .
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Thank you very much... Smiley Wink
I will wait the RTM or the final version of Windows 7. Smiley Happy
Bye bye!
Aspirant

Hi (again)...
I've found the drivers for Windows 7, but from the "Device Manager" I see this message: "Netgear Wg311V3 54Mbit Wireless adapter - This device cannot start (Code 10)". :confused: Can somebody help me (again), please?? Smiley Happy
Thanks...
Luminary

FaFa wrote:
Hi (again)...
I've found the drivers for Windows 7, but from the "Device Manager" I see this message: "Netgear Wg311V3 54Mbit Wireless adapter - This device cannot start (Code 10)". :confused: Can somebody help me (again), please?? Smiley Happy
Thanks...

code 10 usually means IRQ issue.

check IRQ sharing on the devices the uses same IRQ
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Sorry, but how can I change the IRQ? Maybe there is a conflict with my Ethernet Controller (integrated with motherboard) and my WG311v3. And How can I see what are the devices that use the same IRQ? I've already tried to disable my Ethernet Controller but the Wi-Fi card doesen't work again. Help me please... I need Wi-Fi Smiley Sad
Thank you very much Smiley Happy
Luminary

FaFa wrote:
Sorry, but how can I change the IRQ? Maybe there is a conflict with my Ethernet Controller (integrated with motherboard) and my WG311v3. And How can I see what are the devices that use the same IRQ? I've already tried to disable my Ethernet Controller but the Wi-Fi card doesen't work again. Help me please... I need Wi-Fi Smiley Sad
Thank you very much Smiley Happy

if both sits on same IRQ, disable onboard ethernet. or move the PCI slot and see
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Hi everybody! Sorry (again)...
Do you think that my WG311v3 is going to work in the Build 7201? This is a Pre-RTM Build... maybe Microsoft has fixed some drivers bugs...
Can my Wireless PCI Adapter work in this Build?
(sorry again for my bad english...) Thank you Smiley Wink
Aspirant

Help please...
Aspirant

There is a digitally signed driver for Windows 7 RC1 that you can download from Windows update for x86 and x64 versions. However the problem is this is obviously an old driver as it doesn't work on machines with 4Gb or more RAM (Netgear had this problem in early versions of the WG311v3 driver). I suspect if you go to 2Gb as I've had to do on my machine everything works fine. Netgear are truly awful when it comes to customer support.

Zooze
Aspirant

Aspirant

I had this problem when I added 1GB RAM. In fact, coming to 3GB, the adapter has stopped working. When I had 2GB, it worked 100%. I'll try the site indicated by Bobby c. Thank you! Smiley Wink
Aspirant

I just tried the solution of Bobby c, and it works 100 %!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Finally, the Wi-Fi works on Windows 7!
Thank you very very very very much ... you have solved all my problems Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Aspirant

Aspirant

bobby_c wrote:
try this:
http://tinyurl.com/luy4pl

ok i tried manually installing the 64 bit driver and it says
"windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date" can anyone tell me how to get around that?
Aspirant

bobby_c wrote:
try this:
http://tinyurl.com/luy4pl

did this and it says my driver software is already up to date what do i do
Aspirant

While we are this pce of equipment can anyone help me with getting around using this adapter on my mac with osx 10.6.3. netgear havn't made the drivers themselves yet which I find bizzare so If someone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Dale Bro
Novice

Smiley Very Happysolution!!!! i know this just worked for me...i`ve had to do something similar with several audio application installers so try this:

download the normal driver and smart wizard setup from netgear...also download these driver files http://www.mediafire.com/?c473ja5bnj4jnrb

this is a little tricky...but start windows 7 64 bit disabling driver signing press F8 like going to safemode and boot windows without driver signing....

once logged into windows right click on the installation file for the legit netgear driver.....choose properties and under compatibility choose windows vista sp2....install the software...when the smart wizard asks if you want help signing into a wireless network choose NO....

now reboot your computer...remember to start windows again disabling driver signing......when you log back into windows, windows will inform you that the driver was not installed properly, update the driver using the files from the link posted above, and uninstall netgears software, reboot, remember to disable driver signing when logging into windows...i am actually typing this using the wg311v3 pci card in windows 7 right now. some BS but it seems to me that installers for beta or newly released 64 bit drivers work better when you change the compatibility mode before installing it...i think in this case the driver fails when choosing a different compatibility and then easily lets you update to the marvel driver......which is linked above.....once you update and reboot windows should say the driver is correctly installed. :eek::eek:
Aspirant

Best Wireless LAN Adapter for Desktops

I've been using the irritating Netgear WG311v3 adapter. Its horrible, lots of driver issues.

So I've decided to get a new Wireless Adapter. Which one does experts recommend?
Aspirant

This is what i have found useing a fresh install of windows 7 build 7600 SP:1
I have installed all drivers with and without run as Admin Vista SP2 and all have failed.

One post i did find about installing C++ but the guy did not know what vertion to use, so over to the Mirosoft site i go and found the 2010 C++ installed it.

Next i reinstalled 3.3.1 netgear driver setup in admin mode run as Vista SP2
Bam!! it started working.

I'm thinking why some of us get this to work and some cant seem to is C++ is installed with other programs.

I hope this will help someone.
Discussion Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Top Contributors
User Kudos Count