WNA1100 and Win8 Beta Driver

I recently upgraded to from Win7 to Win8 and loaded the beta driver for the WNA1100 (v10.0.0.20 10/15/12). Since making that change, connection quality between the PC and AP has gone from excellent to barely useable. Packet loss is consistantly 50% and available bandwidth has been cut in half.

Before and after the upgrade, signal strength has been staying in the -68 to -75dBm range.

I was wondering if there was anything settings-wise that I could change to try to improve the connection quality? Some things that I have already tried was to force 802.11b only, change RTS/CTS settings on the AP side, increasing transmit/receive buffers on the PC side.

I was also wondering when an updated driver would become available for download, or if there is somewhere that I could get a later version at this time, even if it is not ready for "prime time" yet I would still be willing to try it as anything would be better than what I have right now.

If there is anything that I can do assist in resolving this issue please let me know!

Thank you!

Re: WNA1100 and Win8 Beta Driver

VPN Case Study

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation