× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1607: unable to install Installshield scripting in runtime

itsmesunny
Aspirant

1607: unable to install Installshield scripting in runtime

Hi,

I have done this before and have not had a problem and I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Right now I am using an old dell desktop running windows xp which is the same computer I used earlier ... Windows XP

It is not wireless so I need to hook up the wireless adapter and the wireless router.

It is the 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter  WG111v2.

Hooking up the router is no problem but when I go thru the process for the adapter which is on the screen from the CD - the step by step directions -

I double click on autorun.exe and then the Netgear Start Wizard comes up.

The first thing to do is - Install Driver and Utility.

I double click on that and I am supposed to click on - autorun.exe.

I do and then I get the 1607 error message above.

And that's it. I cannot go any further and I've been looking for answers but am having NO luck.

So - HELP!

Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: 1607: unable to install Installshield scripting in runtime

You can try downloading and installing the software drivers from their support page for the WG111v2.

Message 2 of 6
itsmesunny
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

As it turns out the router works and I am able to connect wirelessly without using the adapter.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

That's great.  Just curious.  How were you able to connect wirelessly without using the adapter?  You said your computer is not wireless.

Message 4 of 6
itsmesunny
Aspirant

I am actually a Mac person and I am using this old Dell Dimension Desktop that someone gave me termporarily.

So it has been trial and error figureing out how to get this going.

I had bought a Netgear router a while back off Craigslist  because my current local ISP did not have wireless access, just a modem.

I did this hook up once before and after searching I found that I needed to get the adapter and I found a Netgear adapter at the local Goodwill and hooked it up. So it's been super cheap to use it.

Anyway, last time I hooked it up for a wireless connection I used the adapter, so I hooked it up again and kept getting that stupid popup above so I came here.

This time I really am not sure what happened. After I plugged in the router and the adapter I had a wireless connection and the adapter did not blink the little blue light like it did before and i was connected. The router was lit up correctly.

The Dell has this "Wireless Network Setup WIzard." I used it again and could not figure out why all of a sudden I was connected,

even though the adapter was hooked up to the tower ( yeah, this is an old Dell but works fine 🙂  ) and was not blinking.

I just went back and opened up the WNSW and remember that  there are 2 ways - with a USB flash drive or adding another network. I did not use the flash drive so I used the other, which is what I used last time.

Either way, I really don't know what happened. The adaper is not blinking and I have a wireless connection.

So, I dunno. Last time there was a Netgear windown that popped up with the info of other networks etc. And there was an icon in the

menu on the bottom. I don't have any of that now. I am just connected.

Spoiler

Message 5 of 6
itsmesunny
Aspirant

The history was not necessary. Sorry about that. Just excess verbage.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7