× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5GHz network disconnects randomly, and after it does I cant join back on the 5GHz for some time.

PrOnTeZc
Tutor

5GHz network disconnects randomly, and after it does I cant join back on the 5GHz for some time.

Using the latest win10 stable build and latest driver, with power management settings set to off, I still get these disonnects. I tried everything, reinstall whole PC, change router and other stuff and nothing helped. I think that the problem is on the driver side. Sometimes even when I reinstall the driver I cant get the 5GHz network working until it magically appears again in the wifi list. Heat is not responsible also since my ambient temp is around 20-22 degrees celsius. 

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6
PrOnTeZc
Tutor

Re: 5GHz network disconnects randomly, and after it does I cant join back on the 5GHz for some time.

Looks like ill have to buy another adapter from someone else... Probably PCIE

Message 2 of 6
PrOnTeZc
Tutor

bump

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @PrOnTeZc

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

What is the current 5GHz channel set? Please try changing the 5GHz channel. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
PrOnTeZc
Tutor

I already switched my channel and I tried 2 different routers in 2 different houses. I reinstalled my operating system and drivers too. Also I tried switching the usb between 2.0 and 3.0. nothing helps with the occasional crashes of 5 GHz network.
Message 5 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @PrOnTeZc

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7