× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5Ghz not visible on PC using WDNA4100 adapter but visible on Android devices

Willie_C
Initiate

5Ghz not visible on PC using WDNA4100 adapter but visible on Android devices

I recently received and email earler today from my ISP (Spectrum) informing me they were performing one-time maintenance of my services. Now when I log onto my computer I don't see the 5ghz connection on my PC. I'm guessing the problem is with my wireless adapter because I still see the 5ghz connection on my Android devices. I'm still running Win7 on my PC.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Willie C.

Model: WNDA4100|N900 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Willie_C
Initiate

Re: 5Ghz not visible on PC using WDNA4100 adapter but visible on Android devices

Sorry for the delayed response. False alarm...turns out my ISP was still downloading updates to my router.  It took them several days to complete all the updates. Since then I've been able establish a 5Ghz connection with no further problems. Thanks for all the replies though. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 5Ghz not visible on PC using WDNA4100 adapter but visible on Android devices

Hi @Willie_C

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Does it still detect the 2.4GHz network? What is the model number of your router? Please try changing the 5GHz WiFi channel. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Willie_C

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Willie_C
Initiate

Sorry for the delayed response. False alarm...turns out my ISP was still downloading updates to my router.  It took them several days to complete all the updates. Since then I've been able establish a 5Ghz connection with no further problems. Thanks for all the replies though. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7