× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 Keeps disconnecting and connecting seemingly randomly

Kenneth892
Follower

A6100 Keeps disconnecting and connecting seemingly randomly

I got my A6100 about 6 months ago when I built my computer in order to be able to wirelessly connect to the internet and it has been working fine until these recent couple of days when I noticed that the sound of something being disconnected came on (The one windows makes when you disconnect a USB device). After this I noticed that I lost all my internet connection, the light in the corner wasn't on, and that on the bottom right corner where you normally see the little wireless strength (Same icon when on wifi on your phone), now shows that there is no ethernet connection (Monitor with an X). I reset my computer and it worked fine, that was on Thursday. Today, it began fritzing out again and this time, a lot more frequently and resetting my computer did no good. I heard the same sound I heard on Thursday when it first failed and lost all connection once more. This time, I noticed that the little white light was still on but for some reason, It still showed that it wasn't connected to my computer. I have to disconnect and reconnect to have internet connection for a seemingly random amount of time ranging from a few seconds to almost a few hours at a time. I did try other connections around my computer like the ones on the back, on the front, and even on my keyboard which was able to hold a connection for a bit. I feel as though it's also more of a hardware issue than software. I checked and it's apperantly up to date. Help would be very appreciated.

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6100 Keeps disconnecting and connecting seemingly randomly

Hi @Kenneth892

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Was there any changes on your network setup or router settings? If issue re-occur, does the adapter detect the WiFi network? Please try changing the Wireless channel of your router. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6100 Keeps disconnecting and connecting seemingly randomly

Hi @Kenneth892

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7