× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 frequent disconnects after about 10 mins

mbennett38
Follower

A6100 frequent disconnects after about 10 mins

Just like the subject says, I've gone through multiple adapters as they seem to be the most common ones you can buy in store and still all of them have the same issue.  After about 10 minutes of Internet usage sometimes less my connection goes to 1 bar and gets stuck on identifying.  No other devices have any issues connecting to the Internet just my pc which uses this adapter.  I either have to restart my computer or reinstall drivers to even get it to connect again.  Sometimes even when ejecting the adapter it blue screens my computer forcing a restart.  Tried all of the different driver versions as standalone or with the genie and its the same story for all of them.  Also my pc has Windows 10.  Pretty close to just throwing the thing out and shopping another brand online.  Any ideas?

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6100 frequent disconnects after about 10 mins

Hi mbennett38

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

We would like to verify if disconnection happens on 2.4GHz or 5Ghz or is it on both bands. 

You mentioned having blue screen, were you able to take note of the error code? If so, what was it? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7