× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6100 username and password protected wifi

Josh-Stout
Aspirant

A6100 username and password protected wifi

The wifi at my College is protected by a username and password specific to me. After swapping the hard drive on my laptop something went wrong with how I get wifi and I needed a wifi adapter. In the NETGEAR GENIE there is no connect button like there is for the other wifi's. Is there any way that I can connect to this wifi? I have not found any solutions yet. I am running Windows 10 and the driver is fully updated. As seen in below pictures the secure one does not have a connect like the other.GENIE SS.JPGGENIE SS2.JPG

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 4

Doesn't Windows 10 have a connect option that brings up the SSID and password? Mine does.

It should show you the local networks available. Pick the one you want and bingo.

Message 2 of 4
Josh-Stout
Aspirant

Since my wifi antenna is fried or something like that it will only run through the genie. When I pull up my wifi from the computer there are no networks available.
Message 3 of 4

Sorry. I don't understand that. If the antenna is fried, how do you expect to connect to the wifi?

Surely Windows can see networks available to the A6100? It does here.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7