× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6200 Disconnecting on Windows 10

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Jendrik wrote:

You wont get you money back, I tried that. They want you to buy a new adapter, which in my case would cost even more and I was supposed to either pay the delivery or drive to there store and pick it up myself. I am recommending everyone to stay away from Netgear, I have never experienced a worse customer service than this one right here. 

I got lucky and could return my adapter to local store I bought it, they were very friendly and offered me even a new one from another company. 

That is lucky. 

I am just never going to purchase another Netgear product again, and advise anyone I know never to purchase any Netgear products as well. For a company the size of Netgear, I honestly cannot figure out how it is so difficult for them to get one or two programmers and make a Windows 10 driver that works - oh wait, you are right, they don't care and want you to buy a new network adapter. FORGET THAT!

Message 26 of 51
Istari
Initiate

Dear Netgear,

This is becoming a bit of a joke. Ongoing driver issues since July 2015?

The A6200 was perfectly fine for me until upgrading to windows 10.

Constant device resetting on a vanilla windows 10 installation. Literally the first thing i installed was the netgear drivers, nothing else.

Tried various usb ports and hubs, both 2.0 and 3.0

Please fix this !

Istari

The network interface "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.
Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.
This network interface has reset 53 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Message 27 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi Istari,

Please check your inbox.

Message 28 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi lexcyn,

Please check your inbox.

Message 29 of 51
aim54x
Aspirant

I have both the 26 and 35 drivers another go. Neither seem to have improved. More interesting of the fact that Windows 10 seems to think in connected over 5ghz N not AC even when Genie thinks I'm connected on AC. But then again Genie thinks my other router (non AC) is also connecting via AC. Never noticed this before with my A6200
Message 30 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi aim54x,

Do you have A6210 or A6200? If A6210, please contact support team.

Message 31 of 51
rvrby
Tutor

I can't believe no one in Netgear has fixed this problem. Win10 released almost A YEAR! What a great company.
Message 32 of 51
aim54x
Aspirant

James it is an A6200
Message 33 of 51
orleansd
Aspirant

I am having disconnecting issues as well, groomed all of the support suggestions both on this site and on the web.  I even chatted with somebody for 20 minutes who had NO additional insight.  This is a pathetic product and the support is even worse.  What is Netgear's plan to resolve this?  I would like an answer or I am returning my adaptor and will begin writing all the executive team.  Unacceptable.

Message 34 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi aim54x,

Please provide me a screenshot of the Genie for the 5Ghz connection that shows N and not AC.

Message 35 of 51
aim54x
Aspirant

James,

I have just downloaded and reinstalled Genie (A6200 V1.0.0.35) to get this screenshot. It is still not stable for me. I have been using a D-Link DWA-140 (N150) for a long time now in hope that this software issue can be fixed and I can go back to using my A6200.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103787476/Netgear.jpg

NOTE:

Router = D6300

Adapter = A6200

OS = Win 10 64-Bit

WiFi = 5Ghz

I have covered over the MAC address and IPv4/6.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 36 of 51
aim54x
Aspirant

For bonus marks, here is what my Intel NUC (NUC5i3RYH) sees this same network as.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103787476/Netgear_2.jpg

Router = D6300

Adapter = Intel AC7265

OS = Win 10 64-Bit

WiFi = 5Ghz

Message 37 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi aim54x,

Thank you for the screenshots. Let me check on this and will get back to you.

Message 38 of 51
BigMeeks
Aspirant

I was having a lot of trouble with my A6100 on Windows 10.  Wifi would always stop working within about a minute of rebooting.  Every time, I had to disconnect/reconnect to the network to get it working again, and that's not fun!  This happened on all the available drivers including the latest version (.32), regardless of whether i installed the standalone or Genie package.

I think the problem is not with the driver, but with all the extra software that gets installed with it.  Here's what I did that fixed the problem:

1) Uninstall the Netgear software through Add/Remove programs (this removes all the extra software, but Windows retains a copy of the driver)

2) Remove the A6100 when it tells you to

3) Reboot

4) Plug the A6100 back in

5) Windows will detect and install the device automatically

6) Reconnect to your network, and things should be a lot more stable

Hope that helps!

-Casey

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 39 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi aim54x,

1. Are you getting an AC data link rate?

2. Can you provide a screenshot of the data link rate on your adapter status?

Message 40 of 51
aim54x
Aspirant

Screen shot is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epvzgltj22xvu92/Netgear_LinkSpeed.jpg?dl=0

Looks like an AC link rate it still troubles me that Windows 10 does not call it an AC connection though. More importantly there is still no stability with this set up so I am still using the DLink DWA-140 (N300) but at least it is stable.

Message 41 of 51
JamesGL
Master

Hi aim54x,

This might be a glitch in your task manager. The link rate states it is an AC connection.

Message 42 of 51
BipoIarBear
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem since updating to the windows 10 OS, I have tried everything to try and get it working including reinstalling all drivers multiple times. I never had this issue on windows 7 and every 5 minutes have to continously disconnect the adapter. I have read through this thread and read all the replies and all Netgear is saying is the same thing over and over without an actual resolution to the default in their software. 

This isn't only annoying but very outrageous for a company to neglect their paying consumers who purchased their product. I do most of my business online and with your faulty adapter it is costing me time and money. 

Instead of wasting your time replying the same thing over and over why don't you guys use that time to go and work out a fix for your item. I paid for a working adapter and your company isn't supplying me with what I paid for. 

Under the ACCC it states:

"
Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

• safe, lasting, with no faults
  • look acceptable
  • do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost."

Your product does none of those, your product is not lasting or without faults. Your product isn't doing what I wouldnt normally expect.

So unless you are offering us a full refund for the product which I purchased (still have reciept) then I would like a fix as my product isn't working in the manner it should be or promised when I purchased it. 

I will not be going and buying another adapter when I have just bought this one and it isn't my responisbility to guarentee its work, it is the manufacturers. 

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 43 of 51
BipoIarBear
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem since updating to the windows 10 OS, I have tried everything to try and get it working including reinstalling all drivers multiple times. I never had this issue on windows 7 and every 5 minutes have to continously disconnect the adapter. I have read through this thread and read all the replies and all Netgear is saying is the same thing over and over without an actual resolution to the default in their software. 

This isn't only annoying but very outrageous for a company to neglect their paying consumers who purchased their product. I do most of my business online and with your faulty adapter it is costing me time and money. 

Instead of wasting your time replying the same thing over and over why don't you guys use that time to go and work out a fix for your item. I paid for a working adapter and your company isn't supplying me with what I paid for. 

Under the ACCC it states:

"
Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

• safe, lasting, with no faults
  • look acceptable
  • do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost."

Your product does none of those, your product is not lasting or without faults. Your product isn't doing what I wouldnt normally expect.

So unless you are offering us a full refund for the product which I purchased (still have reciept) then I would like a fix as my product isn't working in the manner it should be or promised when I purchased it. 

I will not be going and buying another adapter when I have just bought this one and it isn't my responisbility to guarentee its work, it is the manufacturers. 

Message 44 of 51
Plattfish
Guide

Netgear simply doesn't care about this issue. They've ignored me and others for months now, and even have the gall to be shutting down threads about this, claiming the issue is "solved." This is in absolute disgrace, I'm going to tell anyone who will listen to NEVER buy a Netgear product based on their miserable support over this issue. 

The straw that broke the camel's back was @JamesGL promising me a call from support, only for that to never happen. No big surprise, and Netgear's phone support sucks anyways, but this type of behavior from a company is embarassing.

Message 45 of 51
alecools
Aspirant

Hi guys,

I have also been having this issue since upgrading to win10. is there any solution to this now.

I have tried all the steps suggested in here and nothing works.

Message 46 of 51
BipoIarBear
Aspirant

NetGear can we get a reply
Message 47 of 51
rawnet
Initiate

Anyone having trouble with Netgear Wireless AC6200 dropping out intermittently after upgrading to Windows 10, here is a possible solution:

1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Change Plan Settings\Change Advanced Power Settings;

2. Expand Wireless Adaptor Settings\Power Saving Mode and make sure it is set to "Maximum Performance";

3. Expand USB Settings\USB Selective Suspend Settings and change Setting to "Disabled".

This worked for me and YMMV, but I hope this helps avoid the weeks of frustration I've just gone through..
Message 48 of 51
DavidR1234
Aspirant

I got this for my birthday in January 2016 after reading about it.  I have an onboard Atheros Qualcomm AR9485 which is pretty bad with dropouts.  When i got the Antennae I was able to connect to the internet with no issues or drop outs. I disabled teh Atheros chip via the change adapter settings.

However in February there was a big update to Win 10 which I can pinpont to teh 6th as i was not able to do any work at all that day because i was not able to able to access the internet and the Atheros wifi chip was reactivated without my persmission.  I eventually got to teh route of the problem by reinstalling teh Atheros software and disabling it, I had 2 months pretty well no issues.

Last Friday (6th May) I have not been able to connect to the internet at all using the A6210.   Nothing I got the yellow triangle saying no internet or low connection but full bars.  I uninstalled teh software adn reinstalled it and still no internet.  I reactivated teh Atheros chip again and i was off and running again untill Monday.  Since then I have not been able to access the internet via the antennae. 

Is it Microsoft who is fu*king us up here?  I have used both the netgear driver and the Windows and no rhyme no reason I am still stuck.  But methinks that this piece of pap is going out the wind post haste!

Looking at teh feedback history this is not a recent issue.  It seems to go back to 2008 on older models.

he sysinfo file shows the following:

Host Name:                 DAVIDS
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version:                10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner:          David XXXXXX
Registered Organization:   Hewlett-Packard Company
Product ID:                00326-10000-00000-AA303
Original Install Date:     05/02/2016, 12:44:51
System Boot Time:          11/05/2016, 13:12:02
System Manufacturer:       Hewlett-Packard
System Model:              700-060ea
System Type:               x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                           [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3401 Mhz
BIOS Version:              AMI 80.13, 06/09/2013
Windows Directory:         C:\WINDOWS
System Directory:          C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device:               \Device\HarddiskVolume2
System Locale:             en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Input Locale:              en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
Time Zone:                 (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
Total Physical Memory:     16,337 MB
Available Physical Memory: 12,386 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size:  17,361 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 12,555 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use:    4,806 MB
Page File Location(s):     C:\pagefile.sys
Domain:                    WORKGROUP
Logon Server:              \\MicrosoftAccount
Hotfix(s):                 7 Hotfix(s) Installed.
                           [01]: KB3135173
                           [02]: KB3139907
                           [03]: KB3140741
                           [04]: KB3140743
                           [05]: KB3140768
                           [06]: KB3157993
                           [07]: KB3147458
Network Card(s):           3 NIC(s) Installed.
                           [01]: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
                                 Connection Name: Ethernet
                           [02]: NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter
                                 Connection Name: WiFi
                           [03]: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
                                 Connection Name: WiFi DO NOT USE
Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                           Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                           Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                           Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Davids
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX:XX:XX:XX
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 3:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi DO NOT USE:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : Home
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b|g|n WiFi Adapter

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : Home
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

---Software information---
 Utility: 1.0.0.34/ Driver:  5.1.22.0

---Site survey information---
 SSID      Mac Address   Security   Network Type  N  WPS  Channel
 SKY80F87     XX:XX:XX:XX  WPA2-PSK   Access Point  N  WPS  11
       fa:8f:ca:69:6e:a0  None    Access Point  N       11
 SKY80F87     XX:XX:XX:XX WPA2-PSK   Access Point  N  WPS  11
 RL_AP-0107c8     XX:XX:XX:XX None    Access Point  N       64 , 60
 SKYF885D     XX:XX:XX:XX WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK  Access Point  N  WPS  11
 Pasta_Junction_BeMyGuest2G   08:86:3b:5b:73:87  WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK  Access Point  N       6
 VM995721-5G     XX:XX:XX:XX WPA2-PSK   Access Point  AC  WPS  44 , 48
 Pasta_Junction_5G    XX:XX:XX:XX WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK  Access Point  N  WPS  48 , 44
 VM841952-5G     XX:XX:XX:XX WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK  Access Point  N  WPS  36 , 40

I have even give the device a static address!!!  What is going on?   I only got Netgear because of teh brand.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 49 of 51
kingtj
Star

I'm afraid I'm the latest person to chime in here about issues with the Netgear A6200 and Windows 10.  I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit edition, on a custom built PC (AMD FX-8370 CPU and MSI motherboard with 16GB of RAM and 256GB SSD).

I recently purchased a refurbished A6200 adapter from one of the "daily deal" type web sites out there, thinking I got a great price on it. Unfortunately, I now think I see why it was selling so inexpensively.

I've tried Netgear's latest "release" version of the A6200 driver as well as the newer "beta" version (V1.0.0.35) which I'm running right now. I'm connecting to an Apple Airport Extreme with 802.11ac support running Apple's latest firmware revision for it.

What I've experienced is the adapter failing to initialize properly after I wake the PC from sleep (I have to shut down and restart to get it going again).  And during use, it intermittently disconnects under load (such as when watching streaming video content). When this happens, I get a yellow exclamation point next to the wi-fi icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and I can click on it, select the SSID of my Airport Extreme, and tell it to "disconnect". Then select it again and reconnect, and it starts working again.

I've tried the adapter in both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard, but that doesn't seem to change the behavior.

(For what it's worth, I followed a tip on a web forum to go into "advanced settings" under the A6200 driver in the device manager, and toggle a setting for "WWM" to "on" instead of the default of "auto". Interestingly, that increased my download throughput by about 20mbits/second. But it didn't help with any of the other issues mentioned above.)

I've spent more time than it's worth uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and tried this with both the current build and the previous build of Win 10. But I keep having these problems. As someone else mentioned, it appear Netgear has closed some of the threads talking about this issue as "problem solved" - even though there's no evidence at all it was solved! If this is the standard Netgear response to supporting anything that's not the "latest and greatest" model for sale, it will be the last time I buy or recommend anytihng with the company's name on it!

Message 50 of 51
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7