× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6200 Draft N Only Getting Half The Bandwidth!

GlutenFree
Aspirant

A6200 Draft N Only Getting Half The Bandwidth!

Couldn't find this in the forums so I apologize if this is redundant. Recently bought A6200 connected Draft N to a D-Link DGL-4500 and worked great for about a week. It was running full bars at 300Mbps. All speed tests were average 35ms ping, 17-20Mbps download and 1.9Mbps upload. So it was working pretty good needless to say. Out of boredom I started experimenting with different DNS servers. Nothing really improved a whole lot so I went back to my default DNS servers. After that my bandwidth dropped in half. I know they have nothing to do with one another and so I'm left scratching my head :confused:. If I can get the speed test to run on Draft N its coming in 50ms ping, 4Mbps download and 1.6Mbps upload. Ive tested it on Draft G and it works normal except ping is just a little slower at 50ms ping. Ive tested every other computer in the house that is connected Draft N and they are running top notch, no issues at all. I have completely uninstalled the A6200 and reinstalled the driver...nothing improved. I even reset everything back to default on the router and just reconfigured basic setup with Draft N and still no improvement. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: A6200 Draft N Only Getting Half The Bandwidth!

Unless you have a USB 3 port and a AC router you might just return the A6200. Also the A6200 is draft AC not draft n I believe.
Message 2 of 5
GlutenFree
Aspirant

No USB 3 and working on getting the R6300v2. Your right about it be draft AC, but it supports b/g/n @2.4Ghz and a/n/ac at 5Ghz. It worked great a for a while and then just crapped out on me. I'm going to bring it back and see if I can get it swapped, hardware can be faulty from time to time as we all know. Thanks for the reply though.
Message 3 of 5
GlutenFree
Aspirant

Just a quick update. I decided to try each driver that has been issued for the A6200. I already tried the .18 and I currently had the .26 driver, both not working that well. I just tried the 2nd .23 and its working flawlessly now. I will update in a couple of days just to confirm if it stays stable. Hopefully this fixes it, I really don't want to have to bring it back. Just a pain.
Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You do know without USB 3 your top connection speed will be less than 480 even with the R6300v2.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7