× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6200 Experience

CptCrunch
Follower

A6200 Experience

Bought the A6200 from Best Buy about 2 weeks ago. I wish I had a great experience normally I speak very highly of Netgear and its products this one is not the case what so ever.

I have decent speeds since I am connected to a N600 connection but it doesnt last long what so ever. After about 10 mins of any file transfer it will go instantly into Limited or No Connectivity. I have tried every troubleshooting step known with no luck what so ever. The only way that I have found to fix the issue is to do a full reboot of Windows 7 and then it works. Logging Out of Profile and Re-Logining in does not wor. Disable, Re-Enable device hangs. Using the Software provided also fails. I have reinstalled Windows, I have returned the Product and tried yet again and still same results. I have even borrowed a friends router and still the same.

I feel as if I am the only one with this issue, when will the next set of drivers for this A6200 be released?

Message 1 of 13
groves31
Aspirant

Just a thought. Have you checked the usb power management? Open the control panel and then select device manager. Check all the usb root hubs power management tab to see if the computer can power down the hub. If so just uncheck and this will disable the power down.
Message 2 of 13
Roodee
Tutor

I've been getting the same exact problem....no idea how to fix it. =/
Message 3 of 13
crutonius
Aspirant

I have a similar problem. When I'm transferring a huge amount of data, like 50 gigs, the adapter will just stop working. I see the reception bars with a red 'x' on it. This is Windows 7 pro by the way. I can unplug it and plug it back it to get going again.
Message 4 of 13
adeish
Aspirant

Hi Crutonius. Im with the same problem too... and exatly the only way to fix it, its unplug it and plug it back it to get going again.

Netgear, We need a solution now. We need a better firmware. cos that's no serious !!
Message 5 of 13
Kusotare
Aspirant

I bought two of these adapters to go with my R6300 routers. One of the computers has had no issues but the other one has had problems since day one. One of the problems is the same as above where it will be going along fine then just disconnects from the internet. I found it to be an issue with Outlook 2k10, or so I thought.

I was able to get it to play nice with Outlook but when I reboot with the adapter plugged in it won't let the Microsoft Security Essentials service or the adapter service start. It shows up in the device manager but doesnt work even if I unplug and plug it back in. I have tried with both the Genie software and the bare windows drivers. If I reboot without the adapter plugged in then plug it in, it works great, until it fails at random as described above. I swapped adapters between the two computers and spent the last 8 hours trying various settings on the adapters and the USB settings and have not found one that will work. The settings on both computers are identical. Since both adapters work fine on one computer but not the other (both were built by me) it obviously has to be either a setting or firmware incompatibility but I can't find any settings that work.

I noticed it has been a couple of months since anyone has posted here so I was hoping maybe one of you found something? I had found that some people were experiencing issues using Nvidia chipsets and the PC I am having the problem with is an Nvidia 790iSLI chipset, the other is an intel chipset.

Anyone seen any other ideas or have any other input? Perhaps from someone at Netgear that may be able to steer us in the right direction?
Message 6 of 13
REN_XCIII
Aspirant

Thank you Groves31. I unchecked the root hubs and also unchecked the box in the netgear 6200 power mgmt. under network adapters. so far I've been able to transfer files back and forth between my tablet and pc.
Message 7 of 13
REN_XCIII
Aspirant

😞
nevermind. It just stayed on a little longer. I think?
Message 8 of 13
IceViking
Novice

I've been at this for weeks now trying to get this A6200 to work and it just refuses to its very simple job.

I've through all of the entry level questions so I'm going to go straight to the fixes that dont work.

I've installed the standalone drivers and windows can use those drivers to connect the A6200 to my R6300 netgear router. But the A6200 WON'T connect to the G freq no matter what I've tried on both the PC end or the router end.

Unistalled the stand alone and tried the "genie" and the install software can't find the A6200
This is not rocket science.

I can plug in 3 different models of linksys wireless adapters and they ALL connect flawlessly.

I've been though the whole install uninstall twice with online support and have even installed the software and A6200 on a different computer and it still doesn't work.

Anyone have a ray of sunlight on this thing?
Thanks in advance
Message 9 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Your problem is not the same as Op. So in future start new thread.

What is a g freq in your mine?
Message 10 of 13
Shalverson
Aspirant

Having the same issue.
Unplugging and plugging it back in solves it for a bit.

It was happening off an on with Windows 7. Since I've upgraded to Windows 10 it happens a ridiculous amount of times. And as Netgear is finally aware, their firmware update for Win 10 is broken.

This is infuriating! I need my hardware reliable for work.
I've purchased some power-line adapters and will be staying clear from Netgear wifi-adapters.
Not worth the terrible experience.

Message 11 of 13
BennyTM
Aspirant

Same thing is happening with me once I upgraded...
I only got a problem since a did upgrade.
Message 12 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BennyTm and Shalverson

When you upgraded did you uninstall your drivers for the 6200 and reinstall the windows 10 drivers? if not i would suggest removing all the drivers and doing a reinstall of them and when doing this remove the 6200 and wait untill  you have all the drivers installed. Also make sure you have your PC drivers up to date for your usb ports. Hope to hear your feedback 

DarrenM

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7