× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6200 WINDOWS 10 DRIVER ISSUES

douga54
Star

A6200 WINDOWS 10 DRIVER ISSUES

So I opened a new case with Netgear since I could never get an answer the first time.  I simply described the problem and asked for help.  See below for the conversation.  It's completely unhelpful and unresponsive to my request:

SUPPORT for

Review Ticket History – Case #26557734

Summary: 
A6200 - Windows 10 Update Problem
Closed
Communication History:  
Online Comment3/4/2016 2:53 PM

I downloaded the update to Windows 10 after verifying compatibility. The update failed at a point where I could not reboot my system. After much research I discovered that the driver for my wireless wifi adapter A6200 was the problem. My system was down for a week before I was able to reload Windows 7. What I need is a step-by-step methodical procedure to update the driver and download and install Windows 10. Please help. My ISP is Cox cable. Non-wifi users on my home network have upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem. Its the adapter driver that is the issue and I dont know how to download Windows 10 and update the driver at the same time. Please help.

NETGEAR Support3/4/2016 4:27 PM

Hi Douglas,

Your A6200 comes with the following warranty from the date of purchase:

* 90 days basic technical support

Based on the product registration, your device is no longer eligible for free assistance from a support expert. However, I want to make sure you are aware there are other options available for you to utilize such as:

* Self-help web articles http://support.netgear.com/for_home
* NETGEAR Forums http://forum1.netgear.com

Aside from the above free options, I highly recommend our GearHead Premium Services which will entitle you to phone support for this issue and in addition you also get unlimited support for all your other home networking devices. For more information, you may visit the GearHead website at http://gearhead.netgear.com.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.

Regards,
Sameer
Expert ID: 1595
NETGEAR Support Expert

This case has already been closed, please log a new support request if you require further help.

Message 1 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6200 WINDOWS 10 DRIVER ISSUES

Hi Douga54,

Please install the Windows 10 driver first for A6200 before loading the Windows 10 software.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/A6200#searchResults

Message 2 of 8
douga54
Star

Does this driver also support Windows 7 or do I have to download hte Windows 10 package and not run setup until after the new driver is installed?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi douga54,

It supports as well Windows 7.

Message 4 of 8
douga54
Star

I intend to update the driver now, but given all the issues i want to be sure I know what I'm doing.  The current driver under Windows 7 works fine with encryptionover my wifi network.  The beta driver I tried when I first tried to upgrade to Windows 10 would not accept my encryption key.  I need to know that this driver (V1.0.0.26-1) will support encryption under both Windows 7 and 10.  I would appreciate your response.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi douga54,

The encryption should work with the latest driver.

Message 6 of 8
mondenath
Prodigy

i am having different issues. My adaptor wont connect in 80mhz only on 40mhz which is low connection rate of 270mbs I only fall back 1 bar signal as the r7000 is in next room in between a concrete wall.

My query here is only 1/3 rd connection rate is very bad and i didnt extpect this.

Message 7 of 8
mondenath
Prodigy

Ok now i am back to 80mhz but in 36 channel freq and not in 49. Not sure if this has anything has to do with interfern

Also i am wondering with the connection of 583Mbps is that 20MB/s is max transfer rate.

As with my N900 adaptor was able to reach 18MB/s with connected USB 2.0 32gb sandisk pendrive.

I also tried to see with sandisk ultra connected to usb 3.0 extreme card capable of 240MB/s read and 100MB/s write. But the wireless i can reach is not more than 22MB/s

Even before i had 2 R7000 setup which was connecting at 720Mbps where i was able to reach 30MB/s for read from USB 2.0 and 58MB/s for usb 3.0

I knew it was 3x3 connection but even in 2x2 we are supposed to get 30MB/s close . I am loosing 1/3 of data transfer.

I have no issue in Internet as its hardly 50Mbps but my only concern are stored date in pendrive needs to be transferred at maximum, rate as possible.

Even with 20MB/s transfer .

When i was downloading from internet on some updates to phone which also connects to ac band at 390Mbps and pc @   583Mbps 

I get full 50Mbps from Internet which is 6.4MB/s  but the transfer doing by pc from router storage a file sized 4gb @ 20MB/s  suddenly dropped to 12-13MB/s where it was not supposed to drop. As the AC max data is still have more head room.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7