× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 - AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter — 802.11ac Dual Band USB 3.0 disconnects from USB

Lamperino
Follower

A6210 - AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter — 802.11ac Dual Band USB 3.0 disconnects from USB

I was given this adapter by a friend who said they'd had no previous issues with it, and I was quite happy with it until I actually ran into a problem with it. Periodically, the adapter causes whatever USB port it's connected to to disable, I've tested it and made sure it was actually disabled, the port just doesn't recognize any other USB devices until I've restarted my PC. I checked device manager, none of the USB ports are listed as disabled, I updated their drivers and I reinstalled the WiFi adapter's drivers about three times. I've also disabled the appropriate settings, my computer is unable to turn the device off after a certain period of time.

The point is I've taken all of the necessary steps and the problem still persists. I can provide any additional information and I would really appreciate any sort of help.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 - AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter — 802.11ac Dual Band USB 3.0 disconnects from USB

Hi Lamperino,

Can you try to install it on a different Windows 10 computer and check if the same problem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 - AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter — 802.11ac Dual Band USB 3.0 disconnects from USB

Hi Lamperino,

Can you try to install it on a different Windows 10 computer and check if the same problem.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Lamperino,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7