× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Adapter Crashes Windows 10

dfruman
Follower

A6210 Adapter Crashes Windows 10

So this is an odd problem that I've had no luck figuring out.  I've just reinstalled Windows 10, and prior to this I had no problems with the adapter.  But now, if I try to install Netgenie via CD, or the latest A6210 driver after downloading it, my computer crashes with a Kernal Fault before either process will finish.

Likewise, I can plug the adapter in, and it will work, but if I try to download anything, like say a game, or connect to a multiplayer game for more than a few minutes the adapter will disconnect from the internet right before giving me a BSOD with another Kernal Fault.

I've done more than a few diagnostics, found some corrupt drivers after my windows reinstall, but even after fixing all of this the problem persists.  Does anyone have any advice?

Message 1 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 Adapter Crashes Windows 10

Hi dfruman,

Try to remove all drivers of A6210 on your computer or uninstall it. When reinstalling, try the standalone driver instead of the driver with Genie.

Message 2 of 10
Bowser93
Aspirant

I have tried everything but either the adapter crashes my comuter or the installation software won't find it!
Message 3 of 10

Was it a clean Win 10 install or a Microsoft forced update?

Message 4 of 10
realdead_man
Apprentice

Was it a "BAD_POOL_something something error?

If so, I get/got it too.

Message 5 of 10
Bowser93
Aspirant

Yes it was a "BAD_POOL_" error or something.

It was a clean win 10 installation.

I returned the product and got another one from another brand. Now it works fine.

Message 6 of 10
TugBot99
Aspirant

Best thing you did was take it back and get another brand.

Message 7 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please try using the latest driver.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Message 8 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 9 of 10
VE6CGX
Master

When you install it very first time, wait until the drover software asks to plug it in. Also make sure you dn't have any old traces of the adapter.

Also check the adapter through device manager to make sure the status is normal.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7