× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 BSOD on Windows10 after v35 SW Upgrade

ckg009
Aspirant

A6210 BSOD on Windows10 after v35 SW Upgrade

After the v35 driver install, I've been getting a lot of BSOD. Not long after a reset, the computer would freeze with a stated cause of BAD_POOL_HEADER.

After searching, I wasn't aware I had even taken on new software from NetGear for the USB WiFi Adapter so I deleted the driver and just used the computer to see if BSOD would re-appear. After several days, the computer was again stable. I downloaded the v35 driver and the BSOD returned immediately. I deleted the driver again and stability returned. I installed the driver from the CD and the computer didn't reset until it took the v35 driver again which I can't see why it's doing the upgrade automatically....so I deleted the driver and bought a competitor stick as I do need internet access.

I've been BSOD free for 2 weeks, so I'm sure it's the v35 driver and my configuration which is unfortunate.

O/S: Windows10

Anti-virus: Webroot

Malware: MalwareBytes

Looking for an update so I can return this other USB WiFi stick. Also a solution to NOT be forced to take an upgrade.

Thanks

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 BSOD on Windows10 after v35 SW Upgrade

Hi All,

Uninstall the driver of the A6210. If you happen to know how clean the registry of your computer, try to clean it. You can use the latest driver to install the device.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
updatedrivers
Aspirant

I've solved my issues with my A6210 and new Windows 10 install by updating drivers for the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface and Intel(R) Chipset Family SMBus Host Controller - 8CA2. Have you made sure all of your motherboard chipset drivers are up to date?

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 7
ckg009
Aspirant

Just checked and my Intel drivers are up-to-date.

Message 3 of 7
pschenck
Aspirant

Dealing with exactly the same issue.  Windows 10, webroot, malewarebytes.  Besides all driver updates, also tried removing all anti-virus software, disabling onboard wireless and NIC.  Tried a new clean install, no BSOD until A6210 driver installed.  What USB WiFi stick did you go with?

Message 4 of 7
ckg009
Aspirant

Starts with an L****. And what's really aggrivating, though it's new and their high-end USB Adapter, it's just not as fast nor as steady with the connection. Throughput was much better with the A6210.

Can't wait for either a fix from NetGear or L*** to come up with their new USB Adapter.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Uninstall the driver of the A6210. If you happen to know how clean the registry of your computer, try to clean it. You can use the latest driver to install the device.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7