× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Drivers continously crashing every 30-60 mins

KekMeister
Aspirant

A6210 Drivers continously crashing every 30-60 mins

Hello, I've owned the A6210 Wifi adapter for almost a year now and it's ALWAYS had the issue of dropped connections every so often with standard Netgear drivers.

Right now, I use the standard Microsoft drivers which funnily enough, work better but still drop sometimes.

I've re-installed the Netgear drivers countless times, I've tried different USB ports, I even re-installed Windows 10 (due to a seperate issue) - All to no avail and I've finally decided to post about it.

Most of the time, my Windows troubleshooter reports a "The default gateway is unavailable" and resets the adapter - This usually works but there are the odd cases where restarting my PC fixes it and nothing else. It also sometimes says "A cable between your router and adapter is broken" and always leaves the status of "Unsolved" in the troubleshooter.

I have tried setting my default gateway before, I know how to do this but it seems to fail.

It's really weird because my other PC does not have this issue with the exact same adapter.

My specs are as followed:

CPU - AMD Athlon X4 845 using the A68H Chipset

RAM - 8GB at 1600MHz DDR3 (No sticker on it so no clue of brandname)

GPU - NVidia GTX 1050

Motherboard - Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 Rev 1.1

HDD/SSD - Plextor S3C 128GB with Firmware v1.04

OS - Windows 10 version 1809

Hope my system info is detailed enough, inform me if I need to post more I might've missed.

All advice would be appreciated - Thanks.

Regards,

Kek.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6210 Drivers continously crashing every 30-60 mins

Hi @KekMeister

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try performing the troubleshooting steps here:  https://kb.netgear.com/23352/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
KekMeister
Aspirant

Don't take this as a rude message but as a complaint.

Netgear aren't the best at technical support. Linking me to a page that suggests turning off an option that my device doesn't even have!! 

And I'm not joking when I say I've tried EVERYTHING over the course most of a year (about 10 months).

Please provide sufficient help instead of links to articles that nobody finds useful.

I don't mean to be rude but it's highly frustrating when I don't recieve the correct help I ask for. I've seen this pattern across the forums on Netgear.

Message 3 of 5
KekMeister
Aspirant

I'm still waiting for a proper response.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @KekMeister

We appreciate this kind of feedback as this will help us improve our products and services. I have provided that KB link before to a community member and it resolved the issue. 

We would like to look into this issue. If you are willing to work with support on the issue, please let me know and I will PM you requesting for more information. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7