× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[A6210] Every Steam download stops/corrupts

RAiNleet
Aspirant

[A6210] Every Steam download stops/corrupts

Hello,

I recently bought the Netgear A6210-100PES on Amazon and got a problem with Steam and its game downloads/updates.

Every single download which starts downloading, gets after some seconds to "Update needed (not queued)", yesterday I saw, that it said on many downloads, that the download is corrupt.

I installed the lastest MediaTek driver due to recommendations. This one is my third WiFi-Adapter, I tried the Asus USB-56AC and the TP-Link Archer T4U before, but this one is really nice, no ping spikes, stable 99 Mbit/s out of 100 Mbit/s. I'm using the Netgear R7000 router and the 5GHz AC network.

If anyone got the same problems and/or could help me, that would be great.

Any advice would be helpful.

Kind regards.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64, tried changing Steam download servers -> didn't help also tried the latest Netgear A6210 driver.

Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: [A6210] Every Steam download stops/corrupts

Hi @RAiNleet,

Welcome to Community!

Please try to follow the steps on this KB article.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29802/~/netgear-a6210-wireless-adapter-not-working-in-...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 9
RAiNleet
Aspirant

@JamesGL, I followed these steps, this article is about Windows 10, but I'm using Windows 8.1. Anyway, I've done, what it said, but I can't download without getting corrupt files. I tried my Phone as WiFi-Adapter and I can download at high speeds without corrupt downloads...

Kind Regards

Message 3 of 9
RAiNleet
Aspirant

Betreff: [A6210] Every Steam download stops/corrupts

Bump, somebody help, still having these issues, it's don't just steam, every second file I download with chrome is corrupted. I tried downloading with the 2.4GHz Band and there's the same problem. Afterwards I tried using my Phone as WiFi-Adapter again and it downloads without any problems.

@JamesGL, do you have some more possible solutions ?

Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Betreff: [A6210] Every Steam download stops/corrupts

@RAiNleet,

Please try to disable antivirus or firewall for the mean time and check the connection again.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 9
chiruno09
Aspirant

Hi I have the same problem, all you have to do is take it off the stand and it starts working. Not sure how to fix the stand though sorry 😞

Message 6 of 9
chiruno09
Aspirant

Hi,

I was having the same problem, all you have to do is take it off the stand and plug it directly into your computer. I'm not sure how to fix the stand though, hope this helps.

Message 7 of 9
RAiNleet
Aspirant

Hey,

thanks for your reply but I guess it's more instable than before with the stand.

I got this tool named SG TCP Optimizer and applied my own settings (priority on gaming) and it kinda fixed my problem.

For everyone who still have problems with steam, get the SG TCP Optimizer and read the documentation and look which settings will fit you, but don't apply the optimal settings.

Message 8 of 9
aloonj
Aspirant

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7