× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Genie shows red dotted line between router and internet despite successful connection Why

Aceflyer
Tutor

A6210 Genie shows red dotted line between router and internet despite successful connection Why

Message 1 of 4
jenniragsdale
Aspirant

Re: A6210 Genie shows red dotted line between router and internet despite successful connection Wh

This is so wierd... I have been desperately searching for the same answer for 2 days now! Someone please explain why.... On the Netgear Genie application (click the Join a Network button) there are 3 icons: a computer, a moden, & the internet. These icons are to show connectivity. What I see is: My computer icon has a green line connected to the modem icon BUT from my modem icon to the internet icon there is a dashed red line. The other thing is that my wifi icon on the desktop toolbar shows a connection but Internet Explorer & Chrome says there is no connection. Also, all my other devices have a wi-fi connection except for this particular device, which means that the modem is in fact sending a signal out.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 Genie shows red dotted line between router and internet despite successful connection Wh

Hi @jenniragsdale,

Welcome to Community!

Have you check if you can get an IP address on your adapter? Also try to disable antivirus or firewall as it may blocked the connection.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Aceflyer
Tutor

After installing the Netgear D6400 to my system I find that the Genie for the Adapter as well as the Genie for the router are now correctly showing a green line to the internet. Therefore could this red line problem, which was a false notification, be because the router was not a Netgear one, that is the only change made to the system. The old router was a Huwuai 633 i.e. the TalkTalk Super Router., as all its problems included millions of errors and numerous dis-connections was the Genie actually informing us of that routers problems in connecting to the internet, hence the red line. Just a thought .

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7