× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Limited Connectivity with Windows 7

EdArias
Aspirant

A6210 Limited Connectivity with Windows 7

so I'm hoping this is a relatively easy fix and I'm just PC-challenged but I've installed the AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter using the Genie program ... it gets identified by my home network but does not get Internet access? 

Dell Optimplex 990 running Windows 7

ATT Uverse router Model 5310 (I think)

What I get is Limited Connectivity ... is the A610 adapter not compatible with this router?  Do I need to return and get an "N" adapter vs the "AC" adapter? TIA

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 Limited Connectivity with Windows 7

Hi EdArias,

Do you have other devices that can go online with the router wirelessly?

Try the following:

A. 

1. Uninstall the adapter.

2. Disabled Antivirus or firewall.

3. Reinstall the adapter and check if can go online. If yes, enabled the antivirus or firewall.

4. Try to use the driver available in support site. http://support.netgear.com/product/A6210

5. Try to install it on a different computer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi EdArias,

Do you have other devices that can go online with the router wirelessly?

Try the following:

A. 

1. Uninstall the adapter.

2. Disabled Antivirus or firewall.

3. Reinstall the adapter and check if can go online. If yes, enabled the antivirus or firewall.

4. Try to use the driver available in support site. http://support.netgear.com/product/A6210

5. Try to install it on a different computer.

Message 2 of 4
EdArias
Aspirant

This PC (Dell Optiplex 990) was a fresh software load (got it as university surplus, wiped and installed Win7, etc) so I didn't even have antivirus/firewall set up.  I had done steps 1-4 many times without success.  Trying the adapter on a different PC was different ... I have the old PC (connected wirelessly with a different adapter) and new Dell PC hooked up to same monitor so it was easy to go back and forth.  SO I tried the A6210 adatper on the old PC ... first it did the same (limited connectivity) but when I clicked on internet connection (via Windows networking & sharing center) it worked and I had internet access ???  so I took it back to the new PC ... removed previous netgear software and reinstalled.  Didn't work ... but after fiddling around some mroe SUDDENLY it started working.  SO I'm really not sure what got it to work ... but trying the adatper on a different PC was the only think I did differently so it must have had an effect.

Thanks again, Ed.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi EdArias,

Glad to know it works now.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo