× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Poor experience

powpow
Tutor

A6210 Poor experience

Hi Everyone,

Going to be honest here I am really dissapointed in this product and seems a lot of other people are based on the forums results of the A6210.

Firstly on the previous version of the drivers with Windows 10 x64 the drivers would never detect from NetGear and Windows would install its own drivers. No matter how many times I did the reinstall, remove, delete, add. When they were working on the Windows drivers large downloads would fail randomly. Classic example "Origin" game client trying to update coudn't so it was stuck in off line mode. Downloading ISO would "always fail".

Then only recently NetGear released a new updated version of their driver that now works with Windows 10. I was excited to give this shot and the drivers work straight away from W10 w/ Build 1703. Sadly the downoads will keep dropping out. I have been trying to download a ISO from Vmware for the last 4 hours and having to keep "re-trying" after every failure. I had to take my PC up stairs and connect the ethernet cable to get this to actually work.

I have tried enabling Max USB Speed 3.0 (I have a intel chipest with C220 controller series 8)), PMF is off.

The odd thing is the average response time to my router is under 1ms with a max od 3ms and 0% packet loss.

The only other thing I can think of trying now is switching to the Mediatek drivers as NetGear are only OEMing their dongles from these guys.

Any other tips people have come accross that might work would be appreciated.

+ Current Driver Version: 5.1.29.0 (15/09/2016) NetGear.

+ USB Root and USB 3.0 and USB Wireless Adapters all have power management set to disable.

+ Latest chipset drivers from intel installed

Thanks,

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 8
powpow
Tutor

Re: A6210 Poor experience

I should have mentioned that even transfer from my local NAS regardless if CIFS, HTTP will fail once saturation of the adapter occurs.

I never had these issues on my $10. 802.11n adaptor..... 😞 kind of wish I just went for a Intel PCI wireless card to avoid these issues...

Message 2 of 8
realdead_man
Apprentice

GEt a refund if not too late.

Get a $20 Intel or any other brand without the mediatek chipset, I have an ASUS nano and an INTEL 7260, both combined are CHEAPER than 1 6210, and both work 100% 24/365.

Message 3 of 8
powpow
Tutor

Only 3 months old, Went through the support ticket request, added the receipts, filled out all the information. NetGear gave me a local phone nunber, called them, they tell me they can't do a refund..... looks like I have a $60 paper weight. 😞

Message 4 of 8
realdead_man
Apprentice

ME too.

Join the club.   Except my paper weight was $70 usd.  I win. lol

Message 5 of 8
VE6CGX
Master

I have original adapter when it was first introduced. First it had quite a few issues but with newer driver updates it is working fine now.

I don't have any issues. I only install driver, nothing else.

Message 6 of 8
powpow
Tutor

touché lol

Message 7 of 8
powpow
Tutor

The new drivers fixed the Windows 10 issues which I was happy with and the connection seems stable but its some how getting corrupted packets as the checksum keeps failing on large downloads no matter what option I select to tune.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7