× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 Wifi Adapter and Windows 10 Problems

cyntrix
Follower

A6210 Wifi Adapter and Windows 10 Problems

I've gone through this forum, and plenty of others for the last few hours, trying every solution proposed to fix what I can't wrap my head around.

I updated my computer to Windows 10 from 8.1, where prior to the update I had been using the A6210 wifi adapter for more than a month without a single issue. After going to Windows 10, I was prompted that there was a driver update for the wifi adapter. Upon finishing, my computer dropped connection to the internet, and has been unable to find any network since.

I've gone and used the disk to uninstall both from the Setup and Install Windows Standalone Driver, yet whenever I would use either of those options to then go and install the software again, it would prompt a reinstall/update of the current installation... meaning that I couldn't successfully uninstall it previously. When I would choose to reinstall/update, one of two would occur: it would prompt me to plug in the wifi adapter hardware into my computer, and after plugging it in, would unsuccessfully detect the adapter, and I would be unable to progress, or I would get Error 1605 - This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

I contacted Netgeat support, and after a series of repeating what I attempted earlier with the disk, along with manually downloading the drivers from my laptop and moving them over to my desktop (the computer using the wifi adapter) and getting the same results, they concluded it was a hardware defect and I should get it replaced from where I bought it. I was a bit skeptical of this at first, but I got it replaced with a new one, no questions asked from Best Buy. "Great, problem solved!" I thought, not knowing it was not over.

Upon using the new wifi adapter (same model as the previous), I soon encountered the same exact issues as I've described earlier - couldn't fully uninstall, nor would the adapter be detected. Through looking up various similar issues and solutions, I've installed Intel driver updates to make sure CPU drivers are up to date, I've gone through and uninstalled/deleted any and all files associated with anything Netgear and Negear genie, I've gone into safe mode to try and install it, only to get issues saying that I lack the installation drivers (a bit fuzzy on what exactly was the issue here, it was different than the past errors I had received), I've downloaded both driver versions 1.0.0.32 and 1.0.0.34 are tried uninstalling, then installing them both separately with no luck, and have gone through Computer Management, within Network adaprters and Other devices (as Windows apparently identifies the A6210 as a "Other device") to unsuccessfully update the drivers manually by choosing various file paths to get them installed - all of these result in the same unidentifiable adapter.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted every idea I had.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
NJDoug
Guide

This is a known problum that Netgear can not figure out ..... There driver is an Old one from 4/21/2015 before the windows updates .....They have NOT made a new driver AT ALL for this device.......  Driver Version 5.1.22.0  .... I have been going around and around for 2 months with the Level  2 suport on this .... And JameGL all the fix's you ty to have customers do will not solve this issue... The device keeps loading a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit system also .... Netgear needs to update the driver as a company like Alpha has that runs the same same chipset ....

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi cyntrix,

1. When you plug the adapter on the computer, can you see it under device manager?

2. Do you still get the error 1605?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
NJDoug
Guide

JamesGL ...... Have netgear adres this  --- driver is an Old one from 4/21/2015 before the windows updates--- and this will solve peoples isssue's  ..... This is were the issue is ........    

BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for A6210.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for A6210.sys
Probably caused by : A6210.sys ( A6210+109f2 )
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7