× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Wireless Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

Aspirant
Aspirant

A6210 Wireless Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

Every 30-40 minutes or so, my A6210 wireless adapter is connected to the router, but not the Internet. This is for around 2-3 minutes before the adapter connects back to the Internet. How do I fix this issue? I constantly get disconnected from any online games I'm in and it sucks. During this 2-3 minute period, the Internet on my other devices works fine, but not on this PC. I'm also using WIndows 10 and have the latest firmware of Netgear Genie, 1.0.0.34.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 Wireless Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

If you have anti virus or firewall, try to uninstall it for the meantime and observe the connection. If still the same, I would suggest contacting support.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi 917,

Please try to install the standalone driver instead of the driver with Genie.

Message 2 of 7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for replying, JamesGL.

How do I install the standalone driver? While doing this will I have to uninstall the Genie driver?

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Yes, you have to uninstall the Genie driver. The file you have downloaded in support site came with two drivers, the genie and the standalone.

Message 4 of 7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still get these disconnections, is there another way to resolve the issue?

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

If you have anti virus or firewall, try to uninstall it for the meantime and observe the connection. If still the same, I would suggest contacting support.

Message 6 of 7
david_at_housto
Initiate

I had the same problem when 1) using 5G frequency and 2) using the USB 3 port.  I now use the 2.4G frequency and USB 2 port.  Everything works fine, but I paid for a fast connection and should be able to use it!  No other device has an issue with the 5G frequency, only this adapter.  My router is the Netgear R6200 v2.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7