× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 and missing hosted network virtual adapter

Mothlord
Follower

A6210 and missing hosted network virtual adapter

Hi,

So I have spent the last two hours researching any possible shred of help that might assist me in setting up a wi-fi hotspot with my newly bought AC210.

Now I have tried updating windows. I have updated drivers, I have used the oldest drivers possible. Even going as far as to download the oldest Win 10 compatible genie and driver and seeing if that would work. And then updating to the latest drivers through THAT utility aswell.
Upon investigation I have even found when I browse for drivers when I uncheck compatible hardware that I can find the driver for the virtual adapter, but obviously this wont install to my netgear adapter as they aren't compatible.
I have also gone through command prompt as an administrator and through the netsh function tried to set up a hosted network with ssid and password (also when I went to show drivers it did say hosted network was supportted) which worked, but then when I went on to the next step of activating it it said the resource was not in the correct state to do it. I've already figured out what I need is the hosted network virtual adapter but it isn't there no matter what I do. And yes I clicked show hidden devices. It came up with two non-related drivers. Not the virtual adapter.
Can anyone help me here? This is really bothering me that I've tried every single suggestion out there.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: A6210 and missing hosted network virtual adapter

What are you trying to do? Talk of "setting up a wi-fi hotspot" suggests that you may be asking it to do something that it isn't designed for.

The A6210 is a USB "dongle" that connects your PC to a wifi source, a nearby router for example.

You can find the drivers and software here:

>> Click here >> A6210 | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7