× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 disconnecting, not recognising usb3 and crashing windows explorer

andrisalex
Follower

A6210 disconnecting, not recognising usb3 and crashing windows explorer

Hi. This apdater has been a pain in the back for a while now, but after recently i updated the driver it became even worse. It takes forever to find wifi, disconnects all the time, doesn't recognise it is in USB 3 port and crashes explorer.exe all the time, which makes me restart PC over and over....i run windows 7 ultimate 62bit. Any help would be great, since i don't seem to find a solution from old posts.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6210 disconnecting, not recognising usb3 and crashing windows explorer

Hi andrisalex, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try performing the troubleshooting steps here:  https://kb.netgear.com/23352/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi andrisalex, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try performing the troubleshooting steps here:  https://kb.netgear.com/23352/

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi andrisalex, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Gamelounge78
Initiate

I ran into frequent disconnecting problems with this device while I was playing Overwatch or just browsing the Internet.  I thought that the device was defective and almost returned it.  Instead of returning, I decided to perform some testing on this device and post what I did to keep it from disconnecting.

The motherboard I used to perform this test is this one:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-Z77-D3H-rev-10

I installed the manufacturer's chipset and USB 3.0 driver and not the driver from Intel, even if it appears to be outdated.  Sometimes, people like to use the website's untested version and it may cause the Southbridge devices to not register or create conflicting information with some hardware.  We must understand that it is tested to work with Windows 10 (in my case).

I am on the most current build of Windows 10 to include have the latest driver to the A6210, which is ver 1.0.0.39.  You should see Win 10 32/64 bits driver version: 5.1.35.0 in the Driver tab or as in Example 1.

Example 1: Driver VersionExample 1: Driver Version

Resolution:

On the Advanced tab, I only modified two items:

Bluetooth Collaboration: Disable

BT-AMP: Disabled

I also ensured that leftover drivers are removed.  This is a common problem that most people will not perform.  

In the Device Manager, at the top, select View and then Show Hidden Devices.

Notice that in Example 2 that I have two ghost devices with their drivers still remaining on the machine.  Only look for the network adapters like the ones that I highlighted.  Do not remove anything else as it's needed by Windows 10.

Example 2.PNG

Reboot the machine after removing these to ensure Windows 10 will finish cleaning up the leftover drivers.

I performed these steps and did not have another disconnecting issue, but I would suspect that there is a conflict with Bluetooth being enabled.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7