× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 docking station cable length

eleon
Follower

A6210 docking station cable length

Hello,

Before buying the A6210 I would like to know what is the USB3.0 cable length of the docking station ?

Thanks and regards.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
td47
Aspirant

Re: A6210 docking station cable length

Hi, forgot to say, don't forget to dlwonload the latest driver for this, and don't bother with the A6210 genie detection, windows picks it up anway once the driver is installed and it is plugged in. Check your advanced settings, and enable Multimedia & Gaming mode in device manager properties, and possibly disable the sleep mode. Another tip: if installing on to a laptop (like I was) and you already have an active/working WiFi device internally, you will need to disable theat one, in Device Manage, before you can use this external one. Install the latest driver BEFORE plugging it in.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
td47
Aspirant

Hi, I just got mine today, and the USB cable lenght is 82cm to the device. It is really good, and I get 92 - 99% signal quality (at 300mbps) with my router on the far wall of the garage, so it is much better then the built in one in the laptop.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 3
td47
Aspirant

Hi, forgot to say, don't forget to dlwonload the latest driver for this, and don't bother with the A6210 genie detection, windows picks it up anway once the driver is installed and it is plugged in. Check your advanced settings, and enable Multimedia & Gaming mode in device manager properties, and possibly disable the sleep mode. Another tip: if installing on to a laptop (like I was) and you already have an active/working WiFi device internally, you will need to disable theat one, in Device Manage, before you can use this external one. Install the latest driver BEFORE plugging it in.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7