× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 fails to operate simultaneous dual band

Venomed
Aspirant

A6210 fails to operate simultaneous dual band

Hi All,

I just got this adapter. I've installed the latest drivers from netgear and I can see the connection getting established at 866 Mhz. However it appears to not connect in simultaneous dual band at all (the prime reason I bought this particular adapter). The router is an Asus RT-AC3200 operating in Simultaneous Tri-band AC3200 mode so I'm not sure what am I missing to make this work at full 1.2 Gbps.

Has anybody succeeded at getting simultaneous dual band to work at all on this or another adapter? Otherwise I may as well pick one of the other cheaper dual band adapters and return this to stock.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: A6210 fails to operate simultaneous dual band

I'm not aware of any dual band adapters that operate both bands simultaneously.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

I'm not aware of any dual band adapters that operate both bands simultaneously.

Message 2 of 4
Venomed
Aspirant

Thanks. I just went back to Netgear's own page Why choose Simultaneous Dual-band? and realised that it makes no mention of adapters that netgear sells. Very nice to see netgear sell products which do nothing more than to give more marketing points but are actually irrelevant from their own product line even! Already returned to vendor and staying away from more marketing material coming from netgear.

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

I can understand your disappointment and maybe Netgear could have inserted a statement that clarified that simultaneous dual band principally applies to routers, but I think you will not find any Wi-Fi adapter that supports simultaneous dual band.  Therefore, you can't really hang this on Netgear.  If you do find a simultaneous dual band adapter, I would like to know.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7