× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 keeps slowing down a lot until I reconnect it.

godwearinggucci
Follower

A6210 keeps slowing down a lot until I reconnect it.

I'm running Windows 7 and I'm using the A6210 model adapter to get wifi on my computer since I don't have ethernet in my room. I have the most updated drivers and in preferences, I've unchecked the option which would allow the adapter to be shut off to conserve power. When I connect to my home's wifi, the connection is pretty average (I get a download rate on Steam of about 1.6 to 2.5 mb/s) but after some variable amount of time (could be a few seconds, could be around 15 minutes) my connection slows way down (to the point where my download rate on Steam will be about 35 kb/s). It's obviously not just steam download rates that are affected, everything I'm doing that requires internet slows way down.

I've ruled out that it's a problem with my router and modem (all other devices work fine), I've ruled out that it's a problem with my computer (the wifi works fine at school and I use the wireless adapter there too), and I've ruled out that it's a problem with the distance between my router and my adapter (when it connects, it has a solid connection. if there was a problem with distance, it would be a consistently slow connection). Additionall, I don't know why it never actually disconnects from the network, it just slows way down.

Any help would be appreciated, I really need to get this fixed soon.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 keeps slowing down a lot until I reconnect it.

Hi godwearinggucci,

Did you try installing it on a different computer and check the connection speed if the same problem?

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 keeps slowing down a lot until I reconnect it.

Hi godwearinggucci,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7