× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 losing connection during downloads and video streaming

JacobM
Follower

A6210 losing connection during downloads and video streaming

Alright so I've been reading up on things that happen with this particular model where the wifi just drops for no reason occasionally, but those people say it comes right back after about a minute or two. For me my internet drops (only on my computer) completely, there are no wifi signals shown at all after it does this and I have to restart my computer when it happens or it won't come back. This does not happen when I play games though, only when I'm downloading a file or installing a game. I've done numerous tests by switching computers and it does the same thing - I've made sure I have all the most recent drivers installed as well.

EDIT: (I've been holding off writing this so this is like a week after I wrote the first part) This has stopped happening as of recently but I have to admit the latter of the two outcomes in infinitely worse than just losing internet occasionally. The download and upload speed on my computer is pitiful now. Yesterday I tried to download a FOUR GIGABYTE game and it said it was going to take 2 days to complete at 530 KB/s, and it wouldn't go any higher. This has nothing to do with any antivirus because I always have the internet protection off since it messes with the internet. I hope someone can provide an answer for me

Other info:

Years had: About 2

When did it start: 2 months ago roughly, probably more

Is it a problem with the ISP: No, My plan is 100 MB/s, it is most definitely a problem with the adapter

When the internet used to crash the download speed was going at around 28 mb/s so I'm guessing the adapter just isn't strong enough to handle it

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
EfrainR-Fl
Aspirant

Re: A6210 losing connection during downloads and video streaming

Same here was working fine before the fall creators update for windows 10 64bit. I changed my cable router/modem upgraded my usb 2.0 / 3.0 drivers, changed multiple usb ports ,changed the extension cable it came. Directly pluged it in. Turned off the power in my room leaving only the modem and pc on usp  backup power, Looked for everything i could unplug and move that may cause interference. REinstalled windows 10 and only ran the wifi with defeault mediatek drivers (same issue ) upgraded to the latest netgear standalone and then genie install. Will work fine for a few mins then loses connection and wont connect again even with full signal strength its like it loses its mind and doesnt remember its a wifi adapter until i either remove it or shutdown and turn back on. So you arnt alone i cant find a fix.  my tablet and everything else working on the sme channels and 2.4 and 5ghz have ZERO problems with speeds or interference. Is there a way to reflash firmware? Did it get corrupted? Sorry for rambling just making sure everytone knows all things have been tried. Hope its a firmware or weird windows 10 bug thats fixable soon. 

efrainrFl

P.S when its messing up you can see the connection speed changing back and forth on the netgear genie until it completely disconnects and freeszes

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7