× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 not recognised by pc and genie

Fredje
Aspirant

Hi all,

Read my post from a few weeks ago and ask for the beta version. It will solve your "not recognition" problem.

Fred

Message 26 of 42
mecki
Aspirant

Betreff: A6210 not recognised by pc and genie

I have the same problem. Windows 10, the computer does not detect the USB adapter. How can I get this beta version of the new driver software? Thanks for your help, Mecki

Message 27 of 42
Deasel
Initiate

Just like Janvdb, everything was working perfectly until I was prompted to upgrade to v1.0.0.35, now it doesn't recognize the adapter regardless of switching USB 2/3 ports (they all work with other devoces), uninstalling/reinstalling etc. It appears this latest upgrade was actually a "downgrade" rendering the adapter as completely useless.

Here's an idea, instead of having every user private message the moderator, how about posting the solution so others can come here and have the benefit of fixing the issue, or is this issue unfixable?

Message 28 of 42
Artillery1sg
Aspirant

the same as everyone else genie will not recognise adapter during install windows 10 when i lok in device manger it has a wifi ac adapter on the list.

Ward Moore

artillery1sg@gmail.com

Message 29 of 42
bozzanddww3
Aspirant

Since upgrading to Win10 my pc won't recognize my Netgear USB device and won't assign it a drive letter. I've downloaded the Smart Wizard Installation file and run it and still nothing. HELP!!!??? Thnx!!

Model: WG111v1|54 Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
Message 30 of 42
bozzanddww3
Aspirant

Actually it's wg111v2 but I didn't see that listed. Since upgrade to Win10 my pc won't recognize my Netgear USB drive. Can't get assigned a drive letter. E-mail....bozzanddww3@yahoo.com. Tnnx!!

Model: WG111v1|54 Mbps Wireless USB Adapter
Message 31 of 42
bozzanddww3
Aspirant

I got everything worked out!!! Thnx!!

Message 32 of 42
bozzanddww3
Aspirant

All Is Good!!! Thnx!!

Message 33 of 42
Piledriver
Aspirant

Hi Guys

Can someone please help i have the same issue which seems to be affecting everyone, A6210 not being recognised through Windows 10

frustrated? you bet  another 24 hours of this and its going in the bin.  Thanks

Message 34 of 42
ElaineH
Initiate

why is the answer not posted in the forum? Why do we have to PM someone and why are they selling these devices if they can't be used. I'm really angry that I have wasted hours of my time and $90 Man Frustrated

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 35 of 42
Janvdb
Aspirant

The apdapter does function on my pc with windows 10 after applying the fix sombody else sugested on this forum.

When the installation fails with the error, abbort it.

Then find the directory where the installation files are extracted.

this dir contains three files A6210_v1.0.0.35.exe, A6210_v1.0.0.35_Release Notes.html and A6210_v1.0.0.35-Standalone.exe.

the first should install the drivers and a special program A6210_Genie. 

The problem is the A6210_Genie program not recognizing the Wifi Adapter. 

BUT!!! you don't actualy need this program altough it helps configguring the addapter (in my case  worked fine in version 34)

if you start the standalone A6210_v1.0.0.35-Standalone.exe after you did the abbort, Only the driver wil be installed, and you than can do the netwerk configuration trough the windos control pannel, but that takes more expirience than the easy way with the genie program.

That is why i Still think Netgear should fix the problem.

I can't make a service request myselff sice I bougth my adapter more tha a year ago, but if you bought it recently in a store, you should be able to register the device and make a Waranty claim trough the support tab on the website , and get a more direct responce from Netgear

Hope This helps others,

Jan.

Message 36 of 42
bozzanddww3
Aspirant

Stupid me! I thought the wireless adapter was my flash drive that I had my music on! I did call Netgear and the tech tried to work with me until he finally caught on to the fact that I said it wouldn't assign a drive letter. He did offer support for hundreds of dollars a year, tho. SOrry and best of luck to you!!

Message 37 of 42
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

The fix will be released early of Q2. If you still have issues with the Windows 10 unable to detect the adapter, please PM me your contact info.

Message 38 of 42
Preussen
Initiate

JamesGL,

'Just to confirm - so barring any development hitches, we are going to see Netgear commit to a real fix for the A6210 sometime during the 2nd quarter of 2017?

I hope that is truly the case, because as of now my 2-year old adapter is the most expensive paperweight that I have ever owned - and I am not happy about it.

Please confirm. Thank you.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 39 of 42
stevebarnett
Aspirant

i totally agree it is a real expensive piece of junk at the moment, will be excellent if they roll out a fix for what was once an excellent bit of gear.

Message 40 of 42
realdead_man
Apprentice

AT least he didnt says it is Windows' fault, nothing to do! this time.

Attention hardware makers!

You make hardware designed for Windows, not the other way 'round!

Message 41 of 42
JamesGL
Master

Hi Preussen,

That is correct. 

Message 42 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7