× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 not working

TrashPuppet
Aspirant

A6210 not working

Hope this is the right forum and sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm using my phone which has a broke ass screen.
My wifi adaptor just completely stopped working. I've previously had issues with it, but reinstalling the driver seemed fixed it until now. It was working fine until I restarted my computer (after installing a windows 7 update). I logged back in and no networks were showing up, as if the adapter wasn't plugged in.

I uninstalled the windows updates. I reinstalled the adapter. I've redownloaded the driver via my phone. I've uninstalled tge device through device manager and reinstalled. I can't even get the genie application to open. It'll show up in task manager, but not actually on the screen.
Any help much appreciated
Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Tom444
Apprentice

1. Windows 7 is dead Upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

2. Does it work on another computer?

3. Try an older version of the driver for the A6210

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Tom444
Apprentice

1. Windows 7 is dead Upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

2. Does it work on another computer?

3. Try an older version of the driver for the A6210

Message 2 of 6
TrashPuppet
Aspirant

Yeah I know, I was gonna upgrade this weekend, but can't now.
I don't have any other computers to try it on.
I downloaded the last three updates, but none seem to work.
Every time I reinstall it, it says device not found or the program won't start. I've tried restoring my computer, but I only had a restore point from after the problem started.
Any time i plug in the adapter and my computer tries to automatically install the driver software it doesn't recognise the device/driver not found.
Message 3 of 6
TrashPuppet
Aspirant

Holy shyeet! I just went one more update back for the heck of it and it finally worked (??). Thanks for replying, i probably wouldn't have bothered if you hadn't suggested it.
Message 4 of 6
nauticalMike
Aspirant

I'm on the Windows 10 1909 version, which driver version are you using?

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 5 of 6
TrashPuppet
Aspirant

I'd have to check later, but I just downloaded the last three drivers and tried them till one worked.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7