× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 randomly disconnects and i have to manually unplug it and plug it back in.

mamamax
Aspirant

A6210 randomly disconnects and i have to manually unplug it and plug it back in.

help me please.

im running windows 10, i cant remember if it ever did this on windows 7, but it does it at least 5 times a week and

it's extremly annoying because i livestream and it keeps cutting out my livestreams and i hate it.

Sometimes it will stop working completely even after disconnecting and reconnecting it, so i just have to completely restart

the computer and that usually works. So far, trying to reconnect it digitally or through device manager just does not work, i always

have to walk up to the adapter, disconnect it and reconnect it to the computer. Please send help.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 12
mamamax
Aspirant

Re: A6210 randomly disconnects and i have to manually unplug it and plug it back in.

also driver version: 5.1.22.0

and driver date: 4/21/2015

if you need me to provide any more info, just tell me how to do it because im new to posting specs and details on forums.

Message 2 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

To me it sounds like the USB WiFi adapter is hanging. Is the driver W10 compatible? What model?

Googled to see if others are having same problem?

Message 3 of 12
AndrewF80
Aspirant

Hi

I can't offer you a solution but I was having severe problems with my A6210 not working in win 7 x64. 

During periods of increased data transfer, I would experience a complete freeze of the OS. Upon power cycling, the adapter would show up as unable to start, in device manager. 

So it looks like we have a different problem but some of the symptoms are the same. I am using an old Belkin N adapter which is as solid as a rock but half as fast. I'll deal with the slow down.

Good luck finding a solution. Let us know if you do.

Message 4 of 12
mamamax
Aspirant

yes i googled to see if others are having the same problem, and they are, but so far i have found no solution.

idk how to find out if it's w10 compatible, i downloaded the one i was told to download by netgear when switching to windows 10.

and it's an a6210.

thanks for responding ❤️ keep helpin out pls

Message 5 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

It reminds me of the very first time I picked up the older A6200. It was impossible to use, then gradually

better drivers came out and now it runs solid in -AC mode.

Message 6 of 12
mamamax
Aspirant

why is no one else responding, i have still not received the support i was looking for. netgear speficially sent me here to get help, and so far i've gotten no help

Message 7 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mamamax,

1. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers?

2. Are your other wireless devices dropping the connection as well?

3. On which band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) do you have the A6210 connected?

4. Have you tried changing the wireless channel of your router?

5. Have you tried connecting the A6210 to another USB port on your computer?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 12
spiersie
Aspirant

I have been struggling with this problem since i purchased the adapter, it did the same thing in windows 8.1 and still does in windows 10. The only fix i have found is unplugging and replace it and that is so frustrating, i don't know what the cost is in other countries but in Australia this cost me around $100, which is a lot of **bleep** money to throw at a device that **bleep**s itself almost daily, from a company that appears to give zero **bleep**s about its customers once they have spent a fortune on their products.

Start helping your customers, fix your **bleep**, or i will never but a another product from you and completely advise against anyone else buying your dysfunctional devices backed by this careless support group.

Message 9 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi spiersie,

What is the driver version you have installed for the A6210? Check the support site for other drivers of the unit.

Message 10 of 12
VE6CGX
Master

You need help downloading latest driver and install/using it? Just download free standing driver only. Don't use Genie which seems to cause

more trouble.

Message 11 of 12
NJDoug
Guide

I have been back and forth with Netgear for over 2 months on this issue... There Engineering department can not solve why this device is not working properly in windows 10 ...And they have a " oh well" attitude about it. I have provided so much tech data even data that tells them EXACTLY what caused the issue and still no updated driver and no fix .. Yet there competitors using the same chipset have WORKING device's with no crash's ....

shame a company this big with GREAT router that work with no issue can not fix there Top of the line USB WIFI adapter ..

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7