× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 stuck on software 5.1.35.0

flrebroker
Aspirant

A6210 stuck on software 5.1.35.0

Using very latest Windows 10 version but problem occured in earlier versions.  Driver is stuck on 5.1.35.0.  I used to have MediaTek driver installed as well.  When I look through the previous s/w versions they all start with 1.  I downloaded and tried installing w/o Genie 1.0.0.39 and cannot get it to install.  Still showing 5.1.35.0.  Does anyone know how to get this adapter installed with latest version?  Thanks in advance.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
flrebroker
Aspirant

Re: A6210 stuck on software 5.1.35.0

Meant to also say the reason I am trying to update driver is because I have been getting BSOD errors a lot recently.  I have received bad pool caller and kmode exception not handled.  I am thinking the A6210 driver could be the issue.  Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @flrebroker

Are you still getting BSOD errors if you will disconnect the adapter? Please try cleaning the registry of the computer and see if this will resolve the issue. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
oraclewizard77
Aspirant

I get device not detected when I try to update to a newer driver.  Also Windows says I have the latest driver.  Trying to upgrade to the stand alone driver 5.1.39 from 5.1.35.

The exe will not install the newest driver due to this issue.  Is there any way to just get the driver file itself so I can do a manual install.

Or should I just consider this to be a **bleep**ty product that keeps disconnecting and order from a different company a newer ac usb Wifi adapter.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7