× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 to build a NAS interface

Treblig91
Follower

A6210 to build a NAS interface

Hi, I want to transform an external HDD (USB 3.0 connectivity) into a NAS.

Also, I am the owner of a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB Adapter : is it possible to connect the latter to the HDD ?

How to proceed ? How to install required SW ?

Thanks in advance for any hint/help,   Regards.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: A6210 to build a NAS interface

@Treblig91 wrote:

Also, I am the owner of a NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB Adapter : is it possible to connect the latter to the HDD ?

No.

@Treblig91 wrote:

To most people, the term NAS refers to something that uses an ethernet connection. It does not refer to USB devices. I mention this to save you time on futile web searches.

Some routers and modem/routers have a USB socket that you can use to share a USB device on your local network. In  Netgea's case the technology is known as Readyshare. But be careful to check that your USB devices are compatible with this technology.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: A6210 to build a NAS interface

@Treblig91 wrote:

No.

@Treblig91 wrote:

To most people, the term NAS refers to something that uses an ethernet connection. It does not refer to USB devices. I mention this to save you time on futile web searches.

Some routers and modem/routers have a USB socket that you can use to share a USB device on your local network. In  Netgea's case the technology is known as Readyshare. But be careful to check that your USB devices are compatible with this technology.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7