× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210

aSleepyGuy
Aspirant

A6210

So I’m using my phone, apologies for any grammatical errors.

I keep receiving “Can’t connect to this network” message after trying to connect to a WiFi network I always use. I don’t know if my NETGEAR product has just died but I’ve only had it for about a years time so I doubt it. So anyways, I naturally try and troubleshoot the problem and it ends up telling me that it isn’t connecting because I have “no preferred networks/connections”. I read online on another forum that you need to go into a WiFi settings area and “forget” the previous ones but nothing shows up. I’m completely lost. The signal strength is good, everything seems normal. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, multiple restarts of my computer, disabling and enabling the WiFi connection over and over yet to no avail. I can receive connection through the phone I’m using now so I know it’s a problem with the adapter itself. And before anyone asks, I am unable to just plug an Ethernet cable into my router as I share internet access with another person and they have the router itself. I’d appreciate some help, thanks.
Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
PrOnTeZc
Tutor

Re: A6210

I have the same adapter and same issues as you do. Its probably a software driver issue and hasnt been fixed yet. I tried everything to fix it but nothing helped. 

Message 2 of 4
aSleepyGuy
Aspirant

If that’s the case then that is equally relieving to know I’m not the only one in this problem but also annoying that this is a problem at all. It’s frustrating to see the adapter light up and show WiFi connections yet the only thing holding it back is a weird error. Guess I’ll order a new one. Good thing I’m not doing anything terribly important with my desktop or I’d be truly annoyed. This may sound stupid since I’m not a tech guy but how exactly are we supposed to get the software updated if we can’t even connect to the internet in the first place, do they even know this is happening?
Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aSleepyGuy

Do you have a dual-band router? May we please know the model number of your router? 

Does issue happen on both bands? 2.4GHz only? 5GHz only? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7