× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210

nicklash5
Follower

A6210

I have the a6210 to use because my internet isn’t strong enough to reach my PC alone. I have windows 11 installed, all of the latest drivers for a6210 installed. I have gone into the settings and turned off “allow computer to turn off this device”, I also have USB 3.0 only enabled, and I also have 5G only enabled. This randomly drops my internet up to 5x a day recently. I have confirmed it is not my internet being intermittent. Anyone know a solution? I’m starting to get sick of it.
Message 1 of 3

Re: A6210

@nicklash5 wrote:
I have the a6210 to use because my internet isn’t strong enough to reach my PC alone.

What does that mean?

Your PC has built in wifi and it isn't good enough to connect to a router?

If that is the case, then the problem may be with the wifi source rather than the wifi clients? The A6210 isn't likely to be much better than any built-in wifi chip.

I have confirmed it is not my internet being intermittent. Anyone know a solution? I’m starting to get sick of it.

See above. We don't know enough about your setup to be able to begin to guess what is going wrong.

If it is a wifi issue, then maybe you need to get a better router, or an extender.

WiFi Range Extenders: Boost Your WiFi Range | NETGEAR

You could even consider something like Powerline Ethernet to wire your PC to the network.

Message 2 of 3
SteffenKistner
Aspirant

Re: A6210

I can confirm the problem he has described. The latest (A6210) Windows 10 drivers (1.0.0.39) are most likely not fully compatible with Windows 11.

The setup works fine without error messages and it is possible to connect to a WLAN / download files / browse the web, but each time the PC is restarted / shut down a message appears that an app (no further information) has to be closed. After using the internet for a longer amount of time it randomly stops working like the computer had been disconnected from the WLAN. This somehow seems to be caused by "\Wininet\CacheTask" as an app ("Task Host"?) each time prevents Windows 11 from immediately restarting / shutting down after this problem has occured.
My Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Gigabit WLAN Module on the other hand works flawlessly.

If further information (computer specs etc.) is needed I will gladly provide them.

Has anybody else the same problem?
Are the Windows 10 drivers working on your (Win 11) PC?
Your feedback would be very much appreciated!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7