× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A7000 CPU usage

Casel002
Aspirant

A7000 CPU usage

Hi, just wanted to post this to ask a quick question.

I don't entirely understand why, but even just idling, the A7000 Genie MFC Application seems to use anywhere from 18% CPU to 28% CPU. This being the genie application that came with the download disk to setup and use the Antenna.

Any thoughts why it's doing this and how to fix it?

Oh, nearly forgot to include this, but I'm currently running the most up to date version of Windows 10, and the Netgear Genie is saying the Antenna is running on Version 1.0.0.15. (Though i could be reading this wrong and giving the Genie's current version instead)

Model: R8900|Nighthawk X10—AD7000 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Casel002

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You can uninstall the NETGEAR Genie utility for the A7000 and use the built in Windows wireless manager to connect to wireless networks instead.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Casel002

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Casel002
Aspirant

Actually, I have still been having issues. When I uninstall the Genie, my does not seem to find the Antenna. I've tried searching for it as a device but I'm not having any luck so far.

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Casel002

Just to clarify, the computer is unable to detect the adapter/antenna using the stand alone driver. Is that correct? Please make sure that you have the latest driver (1.0.0.15). Here is the reference link: https://kb.netgear.com/000055980/A7000-Software-Version-1-0-0-15-Windows

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7