× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Can't Connect WiFi

Stomlin11
Aspirant

A7000 Can't Connect WiFi

Hello all,

I am currently having trouble connecting to a new router I installed. I had the stock Fios Gateway Router that came with my Fios internet and was successfully using the A7000 WiFi adapter. Today I upgraded my router (still a Verizion router just newer) and my A7000 will not connect to the WiFi. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, updating the drivers with no luck. I was able to connect my older A6100 adapter and that immediately works. With that being said it sounds like the issue is narrowed down to the A7000, does anyone have any suggestions on a fix?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 7
Stomlin11
Aspirant

Re: A7000 Can't Connect WiFi

Also would like to add that I'm using Windows 10, and with the A7000 I am able to connect to my phones hotspot, it is specifically my routers WiFi it cannot connect to.

Message 2 of 7

@Stomlin11 wrote:

...with the A7000 I am able to connect to my phones hotspot, it is specifically my routers WiFi it cannot connect to.

Kind of suggests that it is the router's wifi that is the issue.

Not knowing what that is, it is anybody's guess.

Message 3 of 7
Stomlin11
Aspirant

Thank for your reply. Yeah im not sure what to think, every device in my home can connect to the new router except for the A7000 adapter and my work laptop. The new router is the g3100 from Verizon (WiFi 6) it is supposed to be backwards compatible and is on all other devices with the exception of my A7000 and work laptop.
Message 4 of 7

What does Windows network troubleshooter say?

Message 5 of 7
Stomlin11
Aspirant

I ran it last night but had to revert back to my older router today for work. I cant remember exactly what it said except that its recommendations were steps i had already taken such as resetting the router. One step i didnt take due to distance was a wired connection between PC and router.
Message 6 of 7

An off the wall one, maybe you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

I am told that I am talking rubbish when I suggest that, but it has worked for some of us. Nothing lost if I am wrong.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7