× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Connection Difficulties

cme15
Follower

A7000 Connection Difficulties

I brought a desktop that was not wifi-enabled to college with me. At the start of the semester I purchased the A7000 and had no issues connecting to my college's student wifi (Which is WPA2). I've been using it with absolutely no complaints since August.

However, today I returned from a midterm needing to use the Internet to complete some of my classwork and the A7000 was turned off. I restarted my computer probably a half a dozen times before reinstalling the drivers and that generally fixed the issues with getting the A7000 to actually turn on. Problem solved, I thought. Nope!

I now cannot connect to the wireless at my school. I can only manage to post this discussion using my phone's hotspot. I'm not super well-versed in working with this sort of stuff. The only thing I've noticed is that my computer cannot connect to anything that's WPA2 (The wifi I WAS using) now. Only WPA2-PSK (My phone's hotspot). Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: A7000 Connection Difficulties

@cme15 wrote:

I now cannot connect to the wireless at my school.

What happens when you try?

Some sort of error message?

Is this a Windows device?

If so, my first guess is that you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements