× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Doesnt Connect to Internet

JTrousers
Aspirant

A7000 Doesnt Connect to Internet

I just purchased and installed the A7000 WiFi adapter to get the most out of my new FioS 1GB internet speeds. I have a desktop with an Intel AC9560 that is currently capping out at 200 MB/s.  I have installed and updated all the current drivers but when I plug in the A7000, my speed is significantly lower at 75 MB/s, that is, if it even connects at all.  Most of the time it connects to the router but no internet. 

As soon as I unplug the A7000, my speeds go back to 200 MB/s. I tried disabling my other adapter, but when I do the netgear genie application can't connect at all.  I do not have a netgear router, I have the FioS Home router.  I have tried the router with and without the desktop dock, same results.

I have gone through the entirety of the troubleshooting steps, and I know there is nothing wrong with my internet or router because as soon as I unplug the A7000 everything is workign smoothly.

SOS!

Thanks,

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Re: A7000 Doesnt Connect to Internet

@JTrousers wrote:

I have gone through the entirety of the troubleshooting steps...

Only you know what that entirety entailed, did it include running the Windows Network troubleshooter?

Message 2 of 5
JTrousers
Aspirant

I did actually, but no longer an issue, I returned and got something else that is working swimmingly.

Message 3 of 5
Yuriy50
Aspirant

What did you get?
Message 4 of 5
FLORIDA10475
Aspirant

Please go to device manager and disengage internal internet, close out and a7000 should engage.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7