× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Extreme drop of internet quality

GuvGuvington
Aspirant

A7000 Extreme drop of internet quality

I have a A7000 plug in USB Wifi Antenna and it managed to give me a 200+ mb/s connection (while my phone only managed to get around 1 mb/s) for the last couple weeks since I got that thing. 
Yesterday noon the connection suddenly dropped from 200+ mb/s to just 1.25 mb/s for no apparent reason.
I have restarted my PC, reinstalled the program, disconnected and reconnected, plugged my antenna in another USB port, plugged my antenna in without that extension cable and yet, it never gets better. I have also noticed that right after connection to my signal, it sometimes immedially disconnects again, just to reconnect a few seconds later.
Also I can download a new update for my programm, but when I try to do so, the download always fails at 22% and tells me I have no internet connection, despite me very much having an internet connection, or else I couldn't write this.
Please if you have any idea how to fix this antenna to give me internet quality its supposed to do, help me out.
I really dont want to have to refund it.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: A7000 Extreme drop of internet quality

The question is, if this is happening on your phone as well, if its actually the adapter that is the issue and not the router. 

What router do you have?

Message 2 of 5
GuvGuvington
Aspirant

I dont know which router I have since its not in my appartment 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Again, if your phone is doing it to, I'd be checking with whoever controls the router. 

Message 4 of 5

@GuvGuvington wrote:

I dont know which router I have since its not in my appartment 

You won't get far without knowing what is going on at the source of the wifi.

Only then can you begin to sort out if it is the adapter that causes the problem or the devices that delivers the wifi.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7