× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A7000 Genie application does nothing, cannot connect

maxworrell
Follower

A7000 Genie application does nothing, cannot connect

This is VERY annoying. When I typed the model into the search box, it doesn’t even show up! Today I purchased the nighthawk AC1900 wifi USB adapter, model No. A7000. I put the disk in, went through the set up, and I made sure to do the check for updates, it said there was, so I installed it. I then went through the setup process. After it setup, I put the adapter on the desktop dock and plugged it in. Everything seemed fine. I went to my desktop and saw a new application: “NETGEAR A7000 Genie”. The instruction paper told me to open it, so I did. I sat there for 5 minutes before I realized it wasn’t doing anything. I tried and tried, still nothing. I decided it wasn’t working, so I tried connecting it with WPS. I held the button on the adapter for 2 seconds, then pressed the wps button on the router. I go back to the computer, absolutely nothing. I opened the file location of the genie app and I pressed the app named “ReStart” because that’s what it was trying to open. I then pressed the app “A7000” thinking it might do something. Absolutely nothing. I restarted my computer and tried to open the app again, nothing. I can’t find anything on this product and I can’t find any person to talk to on the website, so I decided to post on the forum. I’m sorry to be annoying, but this is very frustrating because I paid 55$ for this adapter, went through the entire setup process, and now I can’t connect it to the internet. I hope someone on here can help, otherwise I’m going to return it to the store.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @maxworrell

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the driver and use the standalone driver (driver without Genie. Here's the link to download that latest driver A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows)

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @maxworrell

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the driver and use the standalone driver (driver without Genie. Here's the link to download that latest driver A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows)

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi maxworrell

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7