× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Keeps Disconnecting, Tried All Fixes

bighikari
Follower

A7000 Keeps Disconnecting, Tried All Fixes

I bought an A7000 because I'm living with a friend for a period of time and do a lot of work on the computer and through the internet. I also like to play online games and stream videos in my free time. I do not have a WiFi card installed, so this was the next best thing, but it doesn't seem to be functioning as intended; it drops connection every 5-10 minutes, sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes, for about 5 seconds at a time, and then continues as normal, but only sometimes. It will only stay fully disconnect sometimes, most of the other time, it just drops for a few seconds. However, some days this is not an issue. There doesn't seem to be consistency in when it drops or what causes it to drop.

Trying to voice chat with colleagues, stream in HD, or play online games is a nightmare like this. I've uninstalled NetGenie, but have kept the drivers, I've disabled the USB service that apparently attempts to switch USB types, I've done about 3 fresh installs, I've moved the computer and A7000 around the room given to me multiple times, and still this problem persists. I will say that since removing NetGenie and the USB service, this has turned from a constant problem into a frequent problem. Even as I type this now, it has reconnected about 3 times. I will say that I did buy a certified refurbished model from Amazon, so if I got burned for doing so, I can accept that. I'm just hoping that anyone, NetGear staff or not, might have a fix for me?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7