× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Superspeed Issue

WAS_1
Aspirant

A7000 Superspeed Issue

Windows 7 is always saying "device will perform faster when using a SuperSpeed (USB 3.0) port" on startup. This is with an A7000 - but I see the same issue on the A6210, but that solution doesn't work for the A7000. Using Model A6200 as there is no lookup for the A7000. Using the downloaded Netgear driver. Any solutions?

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
t_house
Aspirant

Re: A7000 Superspeed Issue

My laptop always says that as well.  First things first.  Make sure that you have USB 3.0 ports on your computer and that the adapter is plugged into one of those.  My laptop has 2 3.0 ports and 2 2.0 ports.  I have mine plugged into a 3.0 port always.  I attribute the message on my laptop to my laptop just being a bit older at this point and it takes it a minute to realize that there is a SuperSpeed capable item plugged in to it.  After several seconds my laptop figures it out.  Its sort of annoying yeah, but, as I said, my laptop is what I consider old at this point, going on 5 years currently.  For me, it is what it is.

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7