× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 USB Adaptor - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers.

Boyce1
Aspirant

A7000 USB Adaptor - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers.

My A7000 USB adapter just stopped working on my Windows 7 PC.

When I check it under Device Manager it displayed an error:Netgear-7000USB-Error.JPGNetgear-USB-Driver software was not successfully installed.JPG
I deleted and uninstalled the software.  Then downloaded the A7000_Win_V1.0.0.10 and when I plugged in the device I got the error above with both the full version of the software and the Stand Alone version.
I have also tried V1.0.0.15 with the same result.
I also tried letting Windows find a driver and it says the best drivers are already installed.

How do I fix this?

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A7000 USB Adaptor - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers.

Hi @Boyce1

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Have you made any changes prior the issue? 

Please check for Windows update. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Boyce1
Aspirant

Re: A7000 USB Adaptor - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers.

Good morning and thanks for your reply, Blanca!

I hadn't made any changes although, when I went to check for Windows Updates, at your suggestion, I did find a "Quality Rollup for Windows 7" had failed on 12/5/2018 which might have been around the time the A7000 failed.  The latest Windows Updates were successful.

The files located in Netgear/A7000/Drivers are all dated 1/15/2018

Message 3 of 5
Boyce1
Aspirant

Just to be clear, the A7000 is still not working.

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Boyce1, 

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements