× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 USB Adaptor cannot see or detect any network SSID after SLEEP Mode

FundRaiserGenie
Aspirant

A7000 USB Adaptor cannot see or detect any network SSID after SLEEP Mode

I was able to install the Netgear Genie and drivers for the A7000 on my Toshiba i7 laptop.  My Toshiba is an older but reliable laptop and I wanted faster connectivity.

The initial installation went find without a problem and I finally experienced high speed internet at 900+ Mbps.

However, when I put my laptop to sleep (and me sleeping of course),  the A7000 adapter seems to be unavailable when I get out of sleep mode.  In Netgear Genie, there would be ZERO/nada/zilch SSIDs. I would normally be able to see all my 2.4 G and 5G SSIDs and my neighbors SSIDs as well.

I have followed suggestions in other posts - like unchecking the power management options.

In theory, if I run Netgear Genie, the software should "awaken" the A7000 adapter, but it does not.

Any suggestions, please.

My setup: A7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wifi USB 3.0 Adaptor | Toshiba P775-S7320 i7 laptop running Windows 7. | Cox GigaBlast Panoramic Router

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
FundRaiserGenie
Aspirant

Re: A7000 USB Adaptor cannot see or detect any network SSID after SLEEP Mode

UPDATE:  After rebooting, Netgear Genie would see my SSIDs.  However, it was not able to connect to the 5G port.  There were no errors indicated and switched to the 2G.  So all along I thought I was on 5G but on scrutiny after writing this subject, that is what I found.

I did get on a chat with Tech Support.  The tech recommended and I did the following:

1. Remove the drivers and reinstall the entire package. 

2. Change the port number(s) of the 5G Wifi - I was hesitant to do this because it had nothing to do with connectivity as all other 5G devices - iPads, MacBook Pro, iPhones, Roku boxes were working fine.

So here I am back to square ONE - Netgear Genie still cannot see the SSID's after SLEEP mode.

Any suggestions - willing to try your luck?

Message 2 of 3
FundRaiserGenie
Aspirant

Re: A7000 USB Adaptor cannot see or detect any network SSID after SLEEP Mode

I did follow the instructions on this post: (from the initial post on this thread)

https://kb.netgear.com/20241/Wireless-Disconnects-when-a-Windows-Computer-Resumes-from-SLEEP-or-HIBE...

No luck there as well.

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7