× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 USB Wifi Adapter Intermittently Disconnects Then Reconnects

MoistT
Follower

A7000 USB Wifi Adapter Intermittently Disconnects Then Reconnects

Hello, I've had an issue with my A7000 WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter since I bought it nearly 6 months ago. The WiFi adapter randomly loses connection and reconnects about 3-5 seconds later. It doesn't require me to replug the adapter to reconnect as it reconnects by itself. There doesn't seem to be a pattern when it disconnects. I've had it disconnect several times in an hour but it can also go multiple hours without it disconnecting. 

I've tried searching for possible solutions, but none of the ones I've found has worked. Here is a list of everything I've tried so far.

• Updating/Reinstalling drivers
  • Disabled NetGearSwitchUSB and RunSwUSB
  • Turned off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Set USB Power Saving Mode to "Maximum Performance"
  • Disabled USB Selective Suspend Setting

Any feedback/solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
conanandre
Aspirant

Re: A7000 USB Wifi Adapter Intermittently Disconnects Then Reconnects

I have the same problem, but only on 2.4ghz networks. (The 5ghz works fine though, with great speeds, but im not always on a 5ghz connection

)

I have tried the version 15 and 11 of the driver, but nothing works. I have also tried editing usb power settings.

There should be an official answer to this problem from netgear:(

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter, A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 2 of 4
CaRoJin
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem, to a tee. I have searched for answers on and off for months, to no avail. Absolutely nothing works, and unless someone responds to this post with an answer that works, I am just biting the bullet, and saving up for a new NON-NETGEAR router, despite the small fortune I spent on this one. Honestly, for anyone else who comes to this forum looking for an answer- here's my suggestion: if you have the money, buy a new router. This is a widespread problem that has lasted for years and there is no answer anywhere. Netgear doesn't care, so throw it in the trash and buy from a better company if they don't respond to this forum with a real answer that isn't "update software, check drivers, restart PC" like we are in kindergarten.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 4
--lenny
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue with both the netgear wifi extender that i eventually broke and trashed, and the a6210 that ive been running for months. This issue hasn't been properly resolved for over 3 years. I've tried every solution in the book, and nothing has worked. I'm fed up, and I think its time us users move onto a better product, like TP-link. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7