× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 adapter crashes windows 10 and wifi connection

joefromCA
Tutor

A7000 adapter crashes windows 10 and wifi connection

About   three day s ago I started having internet issues.   My PC kept loosing wifi signal, at first I thought it was my modem, check and rechecked and everythign was normal. Next I moved onto the router to see if this was the cause, and again everything is normal. I know these two are not the problem since all the cell phones, tablets and other smart devices on the network are connected fine with no issues.

This  morning tire of loosing connection while watching a video, I decided to look at my A7000 adapter. I belive I found the problem. While on normal 2.4g connection everything is normal, but as soon as I switched to the 5g-1 and 5g-2 the problems returned. On the 5G-2 connection every 10seconds it crashes  that particular connection, this goes on and on on a 10sec cycle. I switched to the 5G-1 and the connection seems a bit more stable, but upon doing a speed test it crashed my computer, this only happens  on this connection. Any time I try to do a speed test  results on a crash.  I have the lattest USB drivers and lattest firmware on the A7000.

I searched community for an answer, but there is nothing like my case. Any help will be much appreciated.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0, Dual Band
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: A7000 adapter crashes windows 10 and wifi connection

I don't have this adapter but I've read that a clean install helps with stability. Here's a video on youtube that walks through the best way to do a clean install. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCGyTxXzU4

Message 2 of 6
joefromCA
Tutor

Tried it but not a sulotuion, I still get drop a lot. I guess time to return it.

Message 3 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @joefromCA

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Faisal123
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem
Message 5 of 6
joefromCA
Tutor

I had to buy a different one different brand, and I have not had issues.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7