× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 has no IP address

zlennyz
Aspirant

A7000 has no IP address

I'm having a problem with connections to the internet. IPCONFIG does not show an IP address for the A7000. I am going to try a solution I saw in the community.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: A7000 has no IP address

Is your extender in your house or in your garage?

If the signal in your garage is to weak and your extender is plugged in there, it doesn't matter how great its broadcasting as it can't connect back to the router decent.  That connection from your extender to your router is the important one. 

You won't get an IP address for your A7000 if the extender doesn't have one to give out (it gets them from the router). 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. Hope the solution you try works. 

2. Is it only this device?

3. did you try uninstalling drives and reinstalling them?

4. Is it isolated to a specific device are does it do it to all the devices you plug the A7000 into?

5. Are any of the other devices on the network down? 

6. Try rebooting the router?

Message 2 of 8
zlennyz
Aspirant

This  problem is on my computer in a stand alone garage. I have not done anything yet. I think it is the driver because the Genie will not access the internet either. I may troubleshoot it some today if I have time. First i thought it was the virus software blocking sites but changes some options did not help.

Message 3 of 8

Start from basics. You won't get an IP address if your USB adapter does not connect to the wifi.

Have you got that far?

What does this mean?

@zlennyz wrote:

This  problem is on my computer in a stand alone garage.

What does that mean? What is the "stand alone garage"?

The USB adapter works on a Windows PC. Nothing else.

You can't plug the USB adapter into any USB slot and use it to deliver wifi.

Message 4 of 8
zlennyz
Aspirant

Network has a Nighthawk C7000v2 router, EX7000 Extender, A7000 USB adapter software version. The A7000 is the only one with this issue.

When I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled it it crashed Win 10. Cant get system back up.

Router was rebooted.

No other devices are down.

When I installed the A7000 on this laptop in crashed and went into recovery mode.

I think there is a problem with the driver.

Message 5 of 8
zlennyz
Aspirant

My garage is not connected to my house. It is about 100 feet away. The signal from my router reaches the garage but is weak. the exe signal is stong 4 bars. I am using a Windows 10 computer. I am sure it will work on it. If I can't plug it into a usb port where do I plug it.

Also the Genie would not recognize a connection.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Is your extender in your house or in your garage?

If the signal in your garage is to weak and your extender is plugged in there, it doesn't matter how great its broadcasting as it can't connect back to the router decent.  That connection from your extender to your router is the important one. 

You won't get an IP address for your A7000 if the extender doesn't have one to give out (it gets them from the router). 

Message 7 of 8
zlennyz
Aspirant

I have it working. I went into the router and added it to the router. The signal reaches the garage okay. Faster than dial up. I can use the ext for other devices.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7