× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 nighthawk cannot detect 5ghz anymore

A7000 nighthawk cannot detect 5ghz anymore

Hi,

Had this A7000 for about a month, everything was fine. But suddenly it seems like it cannot detect 5ghz anymore. My phone can detect my network 2,4 ghz and 5ghz SSID, plus my neighbor network (both 2,4 and 5 ghz), while the PC can only detect the 2.4 networks. Very weird. I didn't change anything to my settings...

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: A7000 nighthawk cannot detect 5ghz anymore

Went into router setting and changed the 5ghz channel from AUTO (it has ALWAYS been set as auto) to channel 48, and the network instantly showed up on the PC.

Connected and its working fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

have you tried uninstalling it (driver included) and reinstalling it? 

It wouldn't be the first time something like a windows update broke something. 

Message 2 of 4

Tried uninstalling the device / driver from the device manager in windows, then re-installed using the utility that I found on the netgear website. Nothing works.

What I found out, however, is that the netgear a7000 genie now shows "europe" in the region, (no idea if that was the case before, maybe it was always like that), but I am definitely in north america. Don't know if that might be causing problems.

edit : in the genie I also see a bunch of networks with no name, there's one that is showing 5/5 signal strenght, which I suspect might be my 5ghz network.. ?? But can't connect to it.

Message 3 of 4

Went into router setting and changed the 5ghz channel from AUTO (it has ALWAYS been set as auto) to channel 48, and the network instantly showed up on the PC.

Connected and its working fine.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7