× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A7000 recent random disconnect.

Purge_Camo
Follower

A7000 recent random disconnect.

Recently my Adapter for my pc has been random disconnecting from the wifi without blinking the blue light like it usually would if it cant find the wifi. so the past few days it has randomly been disconnecting from the wifi and it takes its sweet time of slowing down before i lose connection.

It has only been the adapter disconnecting because all teh devices in the house are perfectly fine. I have the lastest firmware, power management is off. Could someone please suggest a fix because it has been getting pretty annoying.

I am not 100% sure if this is the right adapter model, i am just going by A7000 because of the netgear app on my desktop.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5
tommy_b
Aspirant

I'm having a similar (if not the exact same) issue. I bought the adapter a week ago and it worked perfectly fine for the first 5 days. A couple days ago the adapter randomly switching between a full strength connection similar to what it used to be like and a completely empty strength connection that is unusable. I agree it is extremely frustrating as it interupts the flow of any computer activity involving the internet.

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Purge_Camo and @tommy_b

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Cheezus21
Initiate

i have this same problem, can you make the solution more public instead of email?

Message 4 of 5
kernelhappy
Initiate

I can't imagine why they would PM the solution because I'm having a similar issue. 

My adapter will go into a weird state where it will say connected without internet or the network will disappear completely and the only way to reconnect is to go into settings and turn wifi off then on.  Other computers and devices have no problem staying connected.  

Last night I noticed the blue LED blinks 9 time when the connection goes away.

This is a serious reliability and availability problem. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7